Reaction score
Hey guys, spotted a Trophy on PH for a good price that is near me and was curious what sort of MPG people are getting from theirs.

I'll never get near a motorway so A & B road figures would be grand, cheers guys.

Reaction score
Ah I was hoping for high 30's, this might be a problem lol.

Reaction score
If you go easy on the loud pedal and brakes that is possible.

There are no other similar cars that perform in same league that will do better, most do lot worse!

Reaction score
Ha this is true, the 1.6 gets about 42MPG so high 30's from a 2.0 wouldn't be too bad.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I get 35 MPG driving both A and B roads. Hardly ever see a M-way. If I try I can get near 40 MPG.

Reaction score
Usually around 30, and that is doing silly little trips to and from school in stop-start traffic and also heading into central London once a week. Managed to get it up to 38 in the summer on a very cautious drive to the south coast, but was bloody bored both there and back

Reaction score
Last summer i was getting approx 33 mpg. Door to door.
Through the winter i was getting approx 29.7 mpg door to door.
Reset the trip computer this morning and so far ive done 30miles and it sitting on 35.1 mpg. Door to door.

Best ive ever had out of it iirc was approx 48mpg, on 370miles of Motorways. Littlehampton to Newcastle.

At the start of last summer from Newcastle to Manchester and back i managed to get 40mph ish.

I would say A + B roads with some spirited driving you will see between 29 and 33 mpg.
Unless you drive everywhere in 5th gear and never sit in traffic i dont think you will see 40mpg on A + B roads.

Reaction score
Motorway & Cruising - 40+
Commuting in heavy traffic - 30-34
'Spirited' driving - 25

To be honest we find our T to be good on fuel (especially relative to the performance), but can feel like it's thirsty as it has a relatively small tank so you are filling it up quiet often!!

Reaction score
To be fair my 30mpg figure results from use mostly on quite twisty lanes, and because I only used it at weekends, it was rarely chugging in a line of traffic :wink:

I did get 35+ on long runs.I also got 13 on a short blat once...

Reaction score
The 14 miles a day I do is in the mid 20's.

Long run is about 35+

Fun run between 25 and 30

Reaction score
I'll be doing about 50 mile round trip each day for Uni, but it might be worth it just to say I've owned a T :D

Reaction score
Beef-Mc said:
I'll be doing about 50 mile round trip each day for Uni, but it might be worth it just to say I've owned a T :D

Get one, you won't be bothered by fuel, it won't be too much worse than what you have got (after the first couple of weeks of ownership). However what money you will spend on fuel, you wont resent paying because you will enjoy driving so much more. You wont find any car with the same performance with better mpg.

Reaction score
Matt x2c has hit the nail on the head! The performance is great mpg very good for a car that is this much fun!

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i used to ave 36 mpg combined, but since xmas it's gone down to 30 tops... i'm stumped - i can only think the geometry's outs coupled with the change in tyres (yes the pressures have been checked).

Reaction score
A new personal best for my T in five and a half years. From Dorchester to Wisbech, 227mls, and 41.1mpg. Wasn't trying to get it high... just turned out that way.

Reaction score
felix said:
A new personal best for my T in five and a half years. From Dorchester to Wisbech, 227mls, and 41.1mpg. Wasn't trying to get it high... just turned out that way.

I got that going up to Bedford Autodrome last friday, well 41.4 to be exact.

Managed to use even less fuel on the way back though! AA tow FTW ;)