Reaction score
Trophy No.
Sir_Dave said:
I got that going up to Bedford Autodrome last friday, well 41.4 to be exact.

Managed to use even less fuel on the way back though! AA tow FTW ;)

I saw yours at JMS on monday.
I thought the ash cloud must have hit london more than chester but then I realised whose it was ;)

Reaction score
aucky said:
I saw yours at JMS on monday.
I thought the ash cloud must have hit london more than chester but then I realised whose it was ;)

lol, that'll be all the dust sticking to PAS fluid on the bonnet. Looked clean(ish) before it sat in their yard for a few days.

Honest :oops:

is1

Reaction score
Matt X2C said:
[quote="Beef-Mc":3qjj8dm2]I'll be doing about 50 mile round trip each day for Uni, but it might be worth it just to say I've owned a T :D

Get one, you won't be bothered by fuel, it won't be too much worse than what you have got (after the first couple of weeks of ownership). However what money you will spend on fuel, you wont resent paying because you will enjoy driving so much more. You wont find any car with the same performance with better mpg.[/quote:3qjj8dm2]

A daily 50-mile round trip is going to prove very expensive unless it is virtually all free-flowing motorway.
Bear in mind you pretty much "have" to use Super Unleaded. Then there will be insurance, have you had a quote?
You are probably young (I am being presumptious) and are unlikely to be watching the fuel gauge for economy, and if you are, what is the point of getting a Trophy? In any case, you won't be able to resist when every Mondeo/3-series gets excited by your "Top 10 of all time" car and wants to put you in your place. It happens to all of us.
Then there will be maintenance, which will vary signifcantly based on the car you actually get. Some of the Trophys I have seen advertised of late give me the shivers!

I do a 30-mile daily round trip in free flowing A/B roads and can't really better around 33 mpg. Oh, and my hard driving days are behind me.

Reaction score
is1 said:
you pretty much "have" to use Super Unleaded.

You dont. And i never do. Unless on a track day, for mostly placebo reasons.

Its a clio, not a sodding 600bhp Evo.

I did 90 miles a day in mine for ages, did 35mpg & generally cost naff all to run. Only bought a 320d Sport as i wanted to make the Trophy a little more track focussed.

is1

Reaction score
Sir_Dave said:
is1 said:
you pretty much "have" to use Super Unleaded.

You dont. And i never do. Unless on a track day, for mostly placebo reasons.

Its a clio, not a sodding 600bhp Evo.

I did 90 miles a day in mine for ages, did 35mpg & generally cost naff all to run. Only bought a 320d Sport as i wanted to make the Trophy a little more track focussed.

Well, I am going by the fact that there is a sticker by the fuel cap which says so, so naturally most people will use Super Unleaded.
On the maintenance point, I think you are in a better position than most because of your own technical knowledge and your mates who can help you out (I don't just mean out and out cost, but you know where to get stuff, prioritising maintenance etc).
My answer is based on the fact that the "average" buyer will have a basic knowledge about the technical aspect of cars and will rely on a garage, or worse, a Renault franchise.
Looking at it from the point of view of a student (as per OP), if we take the "average" student, Grp 17 insurance plus £235 road tax, plus fuel for a 50-mile daily round trip plus maintenance will probably be very expensive, for a Clio.

Reaction score
It's amzing the threads you start and forget about! After a year I still don't have a T, the one I looked at was cheap for a reason, it was a Cat C that the seller failed to mention until I did an HPI check, it wouldn't have bothered except for the fact they attempted to hide it from me. However still looking, prices seem to be dropping over the last 3 months as well.