Reaction score
Essex, i won't have to drive very far then. Also there are about four trophy owners in essex. lol

It would be really nice to see everyone and see all the cars together. Not to sure about a track day, although i've never done one, but i'd like to have a tuition round a track though build up my confidence a bit.

(poke)

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Day said:
LOL

Yes Nik when is it gonna happen?

Can I expect to be able to ring up and book it or do i need to make use of someones family contacts?

Day

Reaction score
That means talking to them...

Boxing day is probably too late lol

Reaction score
Arranging a get together would be a great idea but hopefully not too soon cos I picked my Trophy up yesterday and only managed to do 30 miles so far and need to run it in. I part ex'd my 172 cup and am really frustrated that I cant rag it yet.

Day

Reaction score
Ring trip!

Ring trip!

Ring trip!

Ring trip!

...and while we are in the area it would be criminal not to take in Spa Francorchamps :D

Reaction score
Right lets get back on track.

I have been thinking about this, and maybe a North Meet and a South Meet would be best, with a Track day later in next year so all can meet and have a bit of fun.

With regards to an Essex Meet, TBH i think it there are only two of us from the essex area on the forum which is a shame.

Unfortuanlty i will be away for most of November, and by the time i am back it will be near enough christmas, so booking hotels and then likes will be a big problem.

What i am suggesting is possible to have two meets after the christmas hols, one in the south of england and one in the north.

Reaction score
Ring trip!

Ring trip!

Ring trip!

Ring trip!

...and while we are in the area it would be criminal not to take in Spa Francorchamps Very Happy

Let's do it.... The convoy trip to the tracks would be such a laugh.

I'd be up for a south meet. Seems like a decent number of us down here.

Reaction score
jezza l said:
Ring trip!

Ring trip!

Ring trip!

Ring trip!

...and while we are in the area it would be criminal not to take in Spa Francorchamps Very Happy

Let's do it.... The convoy trip to the tracks would be such a laugh.

I'd be up for a south meet. Seems like a decent number of us down here.
Dito

Reaction score
DIRTY RING trip Honestly you dirty bast**d :?

Ring trip sounds ok but not all of us can afford something like that, I for one probably would't be able to make it due to lack of funds :cry:

Reaction score
North/South meets sounds like a good idea, then maybe later on next year we could do a combined meet.

I am planning on going out to the 'Ring in April or May with a few fellas from work, went last year and it was just amazing. Did not work out too expensive either, about £350 for the whole trip including fuel, ferry, accomodation, food, and 11 laps. I will post closer to the time to see if any of you are interested in coming along as well.

Keep us posted on your ideas Steve! Will defo be up for a meet in the new year.

Reaction score
Definitely up for a Ring trip with other Trophys next Spring !
Went this weekend for Sunday and Monday, managed 19 laps, the best of which were in the 10s (minutes!), but know there's still lots to learn, as I was overtaken by a Focus RS !!
The Trophy driven well wouldn't be overtaken by much except the M3s and the 911s I reckon.
Interesting that the rear tyres really took a hammering - much more wear than at the front....
Chris

Reaction score
good effort Chris. Did you have any prior knowledge of the ring? i.e from Xbox or PS2 games?

Seems a decent number of us are up for a ring trip which is good.

Reaction score
Yes, it would be great to get a few Trophys there.
No, I didn't know the Ring at all well - I just went in September and did 12 laps in my wife's car (I know, and we're still speaking!).
I reckon it was 20 - 25 laps before I knew exactly where the track went and what was coming up next, but it will be a lot more before I know how to take a lot of the corners best.
Chris

Reaction score
Ring Trip sounds good! Put my name down for that next year!

I'll get out Gran Turismo and get used to the ring course whilst I save up!