Reaction score
Right you lot, we seem to have a decent number of Trophy owners on the Forum now, and it has been decided that maybe it is time to sort out a big meet to get as many Trophys together in one place.

I am looking to get some ideas at the moment, and would love to hear some of your ideas.

My first thought was to arrange a get together somewhere like Birmingham, as i feel that this is central to many people. Meet up on the Friday Evening at a hotel, have a drive around some country side on the Saturday then out on the town for a few drinks and a bite to eat.

Let me know what you think, It is doubtfull this will go ahead before Christmas, but it will happen in the New Year, if not sooner.

Steve

Reaction score
For an Idea...

Get renault to organise a track day for Trophys only at silverstone or brands hatch or some top place in the middle of the country (hopefully not to far away from Edinburgh). Find a good pub for the beers afterwards. Get the number of a hotel / travel-lodge type place to crash(sleep) at night after the track day coz we'll all be pi$$ed. :D

If we have a convoy of 50+ Trophys all driving along the English B-roads the cops will be on us like dead flies to a windscreen. :twisted:

Day

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Renault will not entertain a Trophy only day.

They already run heavily subsidised trackdays at Brands Hatch, Outon Park and Cadwell Park for all Renaultsport models.

Reaction score
Great idea, not too sure about B'ham though, is a bit of a mission for a softy sotherner like me! :roll: Maybe we could do a southern and a northern meet....

Reaction score
Its a possibility for a Northern and a Southern meet the only thing is with such a small number of Trophys around, i dont want the meets to be North/South divide, it has happend on other sites which i am envolved in and it causes alot of issues.

It would be nice to have a full meet with non of this Southern/Northern banter, but if this is not viable I will look at alternatives.

With regards to getting Renault to sort out a Trackday, unfortuanlty this is not going to be an option, as Day has rightly said Renault heavely subsidise these events.

As i said i am just lookin for ideas from you lot, and i will see what the best option is.

Reaction score
I hear what you are saying about the north/south divide, It is just that I think meeting up would be a class idea, and I would definately want to go, but not sure I would be able to make it B'ham for a meet. If we were gonna do a trackday or something like that, then I would be prepared to go the extra miles...

What about booking ourselves onto the same trackday (through Renault or not, does not really matter), at a pretty central circuit? Maybe Cadwell as it is nice and cheap as well?

Reaction score
Good idea. A meet involving a trackday would be spot on. A Trophy weekend. Something for everyone, and I guess people can pick and choose which parts of the agenda they wish to attend.

Reaction score
Yeah, I saw that post a while ago, but cannot make the 5th, would happily consider other suggestions though...
Been on the Easy track website, and the track days at Bedford go down to £119 in December! Bargain...but then there is always the risk of the weather :roll:
Not sure what to suggest now, will wait to see what other people come up with!

Nik, seen you have changed your discs, pads and hoses, you got a trackday coming up?

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yep, on track on Sunday at Donington.

Have been running this brake setup for about a year now first on my 172, and was the first thing i changed on the Trophy (after the silvervisions!).

Reaction score
Nik, I thought this meet was going to be for the new year... to have a trackday for then too would be good.

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yeah, the meet is planned for the new year, but as a booking on the same trackday was mentioned, i was just pointing out the trackday post.

We can always build another trackday into this meet in the new year if thats what people want.

Reaction score
Sorry fellas, think I was getting a bit excitde by suggesting December! Unfortunately none of the Trackday companies that I have checked with are advertising dates for 2006 yet, guess we will have to wait a month or so before we can progress this idea!

I was thinking that maybe somewhere like Wales, where the roads are awesome and quiet. I know it would not be the best place to go out after, but we could get some proper driving done...What are the roads like around B'ham? Are they on a level with the other great places to drive in the UK?

Reaction score
Well depending where we go in the Midlands, we could always drive out of the Brimingham area towards Wales direction, near Hereford/Worcester. I used to live around that area and there are some serious driving roads around there.

As good as Olis idea is, we are going back to the case that this is a little bit far for people to drive. It would take me approx 4 hours on a good run, and i am guessing a bit more for the likes of Nik and the other South Coast lot.

If people are up for a trackday meet and night out, we could organise one of the Book a track days for the early part of next year. Alternativly we could book up for the Bedford track day, and go out into Bedford in the evening. This would mean you lot booking online for the trackday, with the link that Nik posted and I can start looking into hotels around the Bedford area.

I have been in contact with Book a Track and am waiting for a list of the trackdays that they are holding for next year, as soon as i get the information i will post the infor up.

Reaction score
we should have a north south meet. like in the south if we meet at oxford or north london or something like that. it has to be fair and i know i wont drive to bham.

Reaction score
What about a RR day early next year when we have all finished the running in period. Would be good to see the effects of how people have run in their engines (eg, who gave it full abuse from new, and who waited), and if people who have done some slight mods (I am sure one of you will have an exhaust on by then! :wink: ) what results they get. I know it would seem fairly pointless us sticking a few std Trophy's on the rollers, but I reckon the results might be interesting...or am I a bit too sad for my own good? :lol:

Day

Reaction score
Nik is about to organise a rolling road day at Janspeed Salisbury for the South Central Cliosport massive.

Would be interesting to see what it's putting out now after its grueling run in schedule as I know it didn't fair too well last time on :(

Reaction score
Interesting, maybe some of us Trophy owners could meet up and go along to the RR day...anybody else interested?

Nik/Day - When is the RR day going to happen?

Day

Reaction score
LOL

Yes Nik when is it gonna happen?

I'm gonna end up going with just fUbAr at this rate ;)

Seriously though, it's being mooted once other events are out of the way.

Keep an eye out for details.