Reaction score
hi guys im new,il leave you to guess my name lol,im from malmesbury in wiltshire,and i own a 2001 clio 172,i bought her on 98k with near enough full renault history,3 owners from new,hpi clear and rare bcause she is in black,and i was lucky to get her for just over £2000! best bargain iv had :D

anyway iv had her 6 months and she is just coming up to 108k and going strong,got a few ideas in the pipeline ,but iv just mainly been working on the paintwork

all comments welcome

DSC00069.jpg

DSC00075.jpg

DSC00019.jpg

DSC00065.jpg

Reaction score
Looking good mate :wink: 10,000 miles in 6 months, you get about more than i do :)

Reaction score
ha lol,yeah i seem to have done loads recently,not sure why as iv not really been far,and i only work 11 miles from home.....

well today i gave her another oil and filter change as well as changed the gearbox oil,feels loads better now,by the look of the old stuff i doubt its ever been changed!

oh changed the rear pads too,they only had about 1000 miles left or so,so another job out the way :)

Reaction score
£2K is a great price for a 2001 172. High miles but not a problem if it's been looked after. Black is a good colour too.

Keep it all original, they're a rare thing on the roads these days that haven't been chavved to destruction. A few choice performance mods and a CG-Lock is all you need. Either that or strip it out, put it on Bilsteins and have yourself a very capable £4K track car.

Reaction score
cheers Ash where are you from?

Good idea steve,i bought her completely standard,the only mods iv done so far is a blueflame stainless exhaust as my original renault one snapped in half and even with my discount renault wanted £170! i managed to buy the blueflame 2nd hand,but it was only 5 months old,and it turned up looking like new and i bought that for £160

iv also sprayed my grab handle/window switch bit black as mine had done the usual flakey dirty look to it,oh and a pair of 172 cup inner doot handles lol as mine had broken

iv also just fitted 4 goodyear f1s which are pretty good,this is my first car with them on so still getting used to them

and i plan not doing too much more to be honest,there was only 117 black ones made so im sure they are going to get rare

Day

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Russ :)

I'm trying to ween myself of my PH-1, seems to be quite an influx of black ones around the owners clubs these days, I remember when mine was uber rare, think they must of all been in hiding somewhere lol

Reaction score
thank you matey ;)

yeah there staring to come out the woodwork,im hoping if i keep mine long enough she will be rare lol

Reaction score
ah cool matey,i wish i could afford a trophy,but im working out if i can afford to keep the ph1 as im saving for a house...

Reaction score
thanks for the warm welcome guys :D

im getting a few parking dents out this week,so il get some proper pics up then,

Reaction score
update

well still going well guys,just turning on 113k now,had a bad missfire prob with engine warning light flashing,turns out it was the plugs,which i thought unusual as they did look that old.......still while i was doing that i thought id run a compession check to see how the 113k have taken there toll,well i need'nt have worried,over 165 psi on all cylinders all equal too so all good! just going to change the top mounts and track rods next as they have a bit of play,il put some more pics up when she is clean again lol

Reaction score
Re: Phase 1 172

Matt Wills said:
Nice car mate.

I've got one as a daily driver as well as the Trophy.

:D

Living my current car dream. i just cant justify the insurance on it and up keep. I get raped with the trophy insurance as is :lol: