Reaction score
In fairness these type of lists are always a bit of a pi$$take... good for a bit of banter and a conversation piece, but nothing to be taken seriously.
Big list issues are also a pretty standard way for a flagging magazine to bump their sales figures for a month :wink:

Reaction score
Trophy No.
True enough but if that's the case why put a four year old shopping trolley in the top ten if not for merit alone.

Reaction score
hoolio said:
True enough but if that's the case why put a four year old shopping trolley in the top ten if not for merit alone.
Cause it's in Harry's garage and all his are in the Top 10 :wink: :lol:
They're good for a laugh and banter, but whenever I see people get exciting because they own a car, album, dvd that's on some list somewhere it's always a bit :oops:
It's just a snapshot of a moment in time, when some car blokes had a chat and made up a list on a beer mat.

Reaction score
duffer987 said:
It's just a snapshot of a moment in time, when some car blokes had a chat and made up a list on a beer mat.
So did you form your own over the weekend? :wink:

Reaction score
Trophy No.
duffer987 said:
hoolio said:
Cause it's in Harry's garage and all his are in the Top 10 :wink: :lol:
They're good for a laugh and banter, but whenever I see people get exciting because they own a car, album, dvd that's on some list somewhere it's always a bit :oops:

Dallas you've not been eating those unripe grapes again have you? :wink:

I do agree but at some point they do have to justify putting it on the same planet as a Zonda with something slightly more substantial than "Harry's got one".

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
it's up there - that's the important point. it's true position is subjective depending on your driving style.

Reaction score
I thought the fact that it beat the DC2 despite the DC2 getting the nod in the Greatest Front-Drive Drivers' Car article undermined the result a bit, but hey.

When I bought my car from Steve at AllVehicles he said that interest in Trophys seemed to be directly proportional to coverage in the motoring press; obviously Evo is the biggest proponent of the Trophy - the magazine certainly influenced my decision to buy one - so I wonder if this month's article will have an effect on demand?

Reaction score
Very good point i'm an Evo subscriber and I must admit the magazines coverage did influence my decision in going for Trophy over other hot hatches.

Reaction score
quik5i1ver said:
duffer987 said:
So did you form your own over the weekend? :wink:
LOL! No I was too busy knocking back Guinness and missing an Essex meet :wink:
Funnil enough I just saw the full list on another website and now I know why I think these lists are all a load of w@nk, my car isn't on it :lol:

To follow on from Jimbo's point, if you looked at their ECOTY issues and see how those cars measured up to one another then and in this Top 100 list you'd see them all over the shop... think the absence of Bovingdon and Meaden has a lot to do with that.

It's like Golf World's Top 100 courses in the UK and Ireland (yes I am that lame) bit of a talking point fun, but I haven't played any of the courses on their list cause ones at 8 and another at 80.

Reaction score
duffer987 said:
LOL! No I was too busy knocking back Guinness and missing an Essex meet :wink:

I trust there were only minimal tears :wink:

duffer987 said:
Funnily enough I just saw the full list on another website and now I know why I think these lists are all a load of w@nk, my car isn't on it :lol:

Now the truth comes out; you're just sore from your car's non entry :-({|=

Poor old barge boy! :lol: