Reaction score
Two cracking results for Renault, Trophy came joint 7th with Ferrari F50 and R26.R 4th!

One bug-bear i have though is they talk about a 'layer of squidge' in the Trophy's suspension leading to it not feeling very honed and taught, and i quote 'ooldes of pitch and roll'... WTF!! I put it to them that their car needs it dampers doing!

Was it definitely a T they were driving?! Yes there will be roll compared to an F1 derived F50 and Zonda F (that incidentally came 1st) but compared to most road cars, even most hot hatches, the T is one of the firmest and most planted cars you can blast down a B-road...

Even so, great results, especially given the McLaren F1 came around 70th!!

Reaction score
Granted the other cars in the top 10 were the Makkinen Evo VI and Caterham R300, but surely they must have been giving the Trophy DEATH if they got it to 'have oodles of pitch and roll'

Reaction score
yes a great result for the trophy and renault indeed... =D> =D> =D>
i liked the photo of their ( harrys?) trophy getting some serious air, maybe a few of these jumps had someting to do with the suspension comments?...
but if it was harrys trophy hes just had the shocks done?

Attachments

• DSC00924.JPG
    DSC00924.JPG
    785.3 KB · Views: 111
Reaction score
where did the integra typr r dc2 come? i know it beat the trophy in the greatest front drivers cars ever. think there wrong but hope trophy beats the teg in this part

Reaction score
son of solo said:
i was just about to post this... :x
yes a great result for the trophy and renault indeed... =D> =D> =D>
i liked the photo of harrry's trophy getting some serious air, good job he just had those shocks done...

yeah, no doubt someone will write in saying how disghusted they are at Evo's 'driving antics' again!

Great result when you look at the cars that didnt even make the top ten, numerous legendary 911s, CSL, loads of stonking Subarus, R8 etc etc

Reaction score
son of solo said:
integra DC02 - No.22

thats good to hear, remember the trophy does all this amazement without an lsd, utter brilliant, think this should up the values more on the t when people see that its just as good drivers car as an f50. is the trophy the cheapest car that made it in the top 10?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Ive got to agree about the body roll comment, My mums MCS has none what so ever and does handle very well if not a little numb in comparision to the T.

Reaction score
ok then...

top 10
1.pagani zonda f
2.lotus 340r
3.Porsche 911 996 gt3
4.caterham superlight r300
5.renault sport megane r26r
6. lotus elan
7. renault sport clio trophy
8. ferrari f50
9.mazda mx5 (pop up lights)
10.mitsubishi evo vi makinen ed
so not the cheapest in the top 10...

CMR

Reaction score
I agree too with the body roll comment, but I wouldnt say its bad.
My previous car had 8kg/6kg spring rates on coilovers meant for japanese roads, no roll at all but it could get dangerous if you were not expecting it.
The trophy is definitely more suited to these roads, it has a bit of roll yes if you push it, but its 'useable', and definitely a more forgiveable setup if you make a bad move :mrgreen:

Reaction score
Trophy No.
son of solo said:
ok then...

top 10
1.pagani zonda f
2.lotus 340r
3.Porsche 911 996 gt3
4.caterham superlight r300
5.renault sport megane r26r
6. lotus elan
7.Renault sport Clio Trophy
8. ferrari f50
9.mazda mx5 (pop up lights)
10.mitsubishi evo vi makinen ed
so not the cheapest in the top 10...

Wot no 197 cup, outrageous :wink:

Reaction score
Don't forget the minis run on run flats. It can't be underestimated the amount of rigidity they add to a cars ride. My mrs has an 04 cooper conv and even that is super stiff, but it doesn't always equal superlative handling.

Look at the .R, slower springs and softer dampers yet handles amazingly.

But just because there is body roll doesn't qualify the statement that there is oodles of it...

Reaction score
wow I'm so happy with that result I badly want to buy that magazine now! Great Job Trophy 8) I shall give mine a pat on the back :D

Reaction score
Obviously a great result for the Trophy.... but some of their other scores are just plain stupid e.g. McLaren F1 71, Porsche 959 73....

I think it's one of the best editions they've done for some months, I was getting fed-up reading page after page of supercars!!

Reaction score
The Trophy might not roll much for a hot hatch, but it's being compared to sports cars. It does roll a lot if pushed / tracked. Great result though. :D