Reaction score
i reset the trip every tank full. best i've seen in four years is 39.9 avg usually 34/35mpg

Reaction score
Best so far was up to 36.9 on the motorways, at least until I got bored.... Hovering around 34.5 now. Need to check tyre pressures though as im sure they're well out.

Reaction score
Mine has never gone below 30. On the motorway i always easily get 38-40

Reaction score
I think Trophies (all 182s I guess) are incredibly economical for the performance that they deliver.

40 mpg is achievable, mid thirties normal, and absolutely thrashing it everywhere still delivers over 25 mpg. I reset mine for a trackday, and got 17 mpg over a day of only track driving.

By comparison my previous Impreza would empty a tank over 6 laps of the ring at under 6 mpg.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I checked mine today and was suprised to see 38 MPG exactly !

Totally agree with Vamos, its pretty amazing.

Reaction score
Now i'm worried.

I never get above 28mpg unless i do a motorway run...

And i've recently serviced it. Is there something I should be checking?

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
^^ Reset it then give it a few days then try again, If you have not done already?

Reaction score
Robbo said:
Now i'm worried.

I never get above 28mpg unless i do a motorway run...

And i've recently serviced it. Is there something I should be checking?

Nah...your fine.

I'm in the same boat. Hardly ever do long journeys, get about 28.

Reaction score
Mine largely does short journeys and only a couple per week as I commute by train. Generally I find that it sits around the 30 mark but for a while now I have been getting into fifth gear as often as possible and generally changing gear around 2k, but rarely higher than 3k revs. This has resulted in an increase to an average of 32mpg but by the sound of things that's still not amazing?! Seems like there are quite a number of us with slightly less efficient cars than others? Mine is standard bar itg panel (not really worth mentioning?!) and in the last week, it's gained an Orb exhaust..

Reaction score
quik5i1ver said:
Mine largely does short journeys and only a couple per week as I commute by train. Generally I find that it sits around the 30 mark but for a while now I have been getting into fifth gear as often as possible and generally changing gear around 2k, but rarely higher than 3k revs. This has resulted in an increase to an average of 32mpg but by the sound of things that's still not amazing?! Seems like there are quite a number of us with slightly less efficient cars than others? Mine is standard bar itg panel (not really worth mentioning?!) and in the last week, it's gained an Orb exhaust..

Rich - sounds like you've got a duff one there :lol:

Reaction score
I was averaging 31-33 when I had the Trophy. Seems like a luxury now. I am lucky to see 15 now a days

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
I get in the region of 31-34 depending on where I'm driving. Its slowly getting better now that its getting a few more miles on the clock, not driven the T for 3 weeks now though so I hope to get her out this week!

Reaction score
Rich, its not a diesel mate. Is the Orb really that loud :wink: I hope your enjoying it.

Mine averages out at about 32 including lots of motorway miles plus some spirited country drives and a bit in town. More like 28 back in Dorset or 35 if I have the missus with me as she gets travel sick :( I'm sure they are all pretty much the same its just the conditions that vary. I also noticed very little difference from a remap (+0.5 mpg).