Reaction score
Cue said:
former owners count also... they have something to compare against and remember the good times...

Thanks, i remember owning one for nearly 3yrs :D
Helping to solve a lot of the what are now common issues :wink:

marrow said:
Just to add, if you Google "clio trophy" the following comes up...

"ClioTrophy.co.uk The forum for owners and fans of the Renaultsport Clio 182 Trophy."

Key words:
Owners
Fans

If you don't fall into the above, why bother contributing?

We're here to be informed and have fun. No?

Says he who was phoning me when he bought his & experienced problems :lol:
No doughting the T's place in history, just like the Williams etc but please lifes for experiences & i've had better :wink:

Reaction score
by marrow on Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:26 pm

Just to add, if you Google "clio trophy" the following comes up...

"ClioTrophy.co.uk The forum for owners and fans of the Renaultsport Clio 182 Trophy."

Key words:
Owners
Fans

If you don't fall into the above, why bother contributing?

We're here to be informed and have fun. No?

Totally agree with ye marrow and i fall into both your "categories".... and after having my trophy for 3yrs i can be a good judge of how it compares to the 200... Dont get me wrong i love the wee red rocket that has given me so much fun but all i'm saying is i know when its been beaten. But what do you expect when they've had 4yrs to improve things..!!

Honestly tho i couldn't believe how well the 200 sat on the road. It didnt feel as "raw" as the trophy and to be honest my trophy felt quicker when i got back in it but it was the handling and the braking of the 200 that really amazed me..!! But this is my opinion only and i'm sure eveyone else has different views and opinions..!!
Would definately consider one especially if they took out a limited edition version next year..!!
Has anyone else had a drive in one and what did you think of it..???

P.s It was alien green and it looked amazing in the flesh... not everyones cup of tea but made me contemplate trading the old girl in..!! Didn't have the heart tho...!!! well not yet anyway :eek: :eek:

Reaction score
Guys

have a look over on renaultsport forum on the dealer sales threads lots of info there on car specs and prices you can spec a car and see what the dealers will do for you.

Reaction score
g40steve said:
Depends if you want a car with 3yr warranty or one thats past it's best & only going to cost more as the yrs pile on.
Some of us actually drive our cars & make informed decisions based upon that rather than going by what some journo says [-X
Down the tracks i took you along the Cup is quicker mainly due to brakes & the way it's not knocked off course.
May go for a 200 or 26r as i've been offered more than i payed for my Cup back in Feb, so free motoring =D>

Everyone has different reasons for wanting a particular car but buying a new 200 to save money over Trophy running costs is not the best argument! :D (that said I wouldn't mind some free motoring myself)

If you want a standard unmodified car for the track I'm sure the 200 cup would be great. Personally I wasn't exactly blown away by the R27 I drove at Spa, but the Trophy takes some modifying if you want to get the best from it on track. I think it holds onto the road well enough for most people everyday. It's limits are plenty high enough and most people on here don't spend that much time on a track. What's right for one person isn't right for everyone.

I find that on track a decent motorbike is faster, cheaper, more reliable and much more fun. Too fast for the road unfortunately :wink: