Reaction score
even if the 200 cup looked liked the 197 and with the full renaultsport bodykit i wouldnt have it. it can never be a replacement for the trophy but to some people it might just be what there looking for everyday driving/track use. if it could shave about 100kg i think it would be more tempting to think about it

Reaction score
quik5i1ver said:
Have you driven them at all Dallas?

No, not in the market, so I cannot be arsed to go talk $hite to some sales rep just to have a blat, drove the 197 Cup at Bedford twice last year and if the 200 is as much of an improvement as they say, it'd be good proposition, but then I'd always recommend what I've currently got over a 200 :wink:
Still the Trophy is such awesome value at many, many thousands less than the current Clio.

Reaction score
Had a blast in a full fat 200 with the cup suspension pack and have to say it was planted far better on the road than the trophy ever has been...!! Hate to say this but it actually put it to shame :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Reaction score
son of solo said:
someone last week told me the Renault dealer in Carsile had put their R26R in the bargin corner of the forecourt, and had knocked a fair chunk off hoping it would sell.
They are going back up at book price for the last few un reg cars :!:

Reaction score
J.e.r.i.c.h.o said:
Had a blast in a full fat 200 with the cup suspension pack and have to say it was planted far better on the road than the trophy ever has been...!! Hate to say this but it actually put it to shame :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

But was it as much fun to drive as the T?

Reaction score
A new 200 for 13k is such a bargain.

How do you find out about these deals? Did you hear it from someone or did you go there pretending to be interested and they offered you this price?

Reaction score
J.e.r.i.c.h.o said:

Hence the reason after a 40min blast round Oulton park in a 197 my T was up for sale =P~

Reaction score
That is a good price, especially if you can get a good finance deal. it would need to have recaros imo

Reaction score
J.e.r.i.c.h.o said:

But this goes against every car magazine that has so far tried the next 200 Cup.... it's seems it is a very good car but not quite as good as previous models...

A quote from EVO...."Evolution, as Charles Darwin once suggested, is a wondrous thing. Obviously we agree. And so, quite clearly, does Renault. The French car maker's Renaultsport division made a dazzling case for accelerated daptation with the previous-generation Clio, taking it all the way from fun (Clio 172) to formidable (Clio 182 Trophy) in the space of a few years and proving that a talented road-runner could evolve into a car that regarded any convenient racetrack as a natural habitat..... Although bundled with a mid-life facelift for the Clio range, the 200 Cup is by far Renaultsport’s most serious attempt to address the early criticisms levelled at the 197 and move the hottest Clio into the zone that made the more heavily evolved editions of the previous- generation Clio so magical............... So, a transformation? Compared with the original 197, yes – both subjectively and, on Bedford’s West Circuit, against the clock. Bottom line first. From rest the 200 Cup hits 60mph in 6.6sec and 100mph in 16.7sec – virtually identical figures to those returned by the Mini Cooper S.....More tellingly, though, the 200 Cup feels much more alert and urgent than the 197, stepping off the line with something approaching genuine brio and responding to small throttle inputs much more eagerly............ Renaultsport has come good on the promise and delivered the car we dared hope the 197 might become. And we’ll back that statement up with one final, remarkable statistic. The Clio 200 Cup lapped the West Circuit in 1.32.0, 2.2 seconds faster than the 197 Cup did last summer. But then that’s evolution for you. "

Steve - you might be changing your 197 for the 200 then? :lol:

Reaction score
Would be interesting to see what recaros and air con would add to the price quoted on the lookers site.. Mind you, based upon the comments regarding damage to the bolsters, it seems the recaros are an expensive proposition.. Plus they look so much better in leather and alcantara.

Reaction score
marrow said:
J.e.r.i.c.h.o said:

But this goes against every car magazine that has so far tried the next 200 Cup.... it's seems it is a very good car but not quite as good as previous models...

A quote from EVO...."Evolution, as Charles Darwin once suggested, is a wondrous thing. Obviously we agree. And so, quite clearly, does Renault. The French car maker's Renaultsport division made a dazzling case for accelerated daptation with the previous-generation Clio, taking it all the way from fun (Clio 172) to formidable (Clio 182 Trophy) in the space of a few years and proving that a talented road-runner could evolve into a car that regarded any convenient racetrack as a natural habitat..... Although bundled with a mid-life facelift for the Clio range, the 200 Cup is by far Renaultsport’s most serious attempt to address the early criticisms levelled at the 197 and move the hottest Clio into the zone that made the more heavily evolved editions of the previous- generation Clio so magical............... So, a transformation? Compared with the original 197, yes – both subjectively and, on Bedford’s West Circuit, against the clock. Bottom line first. From rest the 200 Cup hits 60mph in 6.6sec and 100mph in 16.7sec – virtually identical figures to those returned by the Mini Cooper S.....More tellingly, though, the 200 Cup feels much more alert and urgent than the 197, stepping off the line with something approaching genuine brio and responding to small throttle inputs much more eagerly............ Renaultsport has come good on the promise and delivered the car we dared hope the 197 might become. And we’ll back that statement up with one final, remarkable statistic. The Clio 200 Cup lapped the West Circuit in 1.32.0, 2.2 seconds faster than the 197 Cup did last summer. But then that’s evolution for you. "

Steve - you might be changing your 197 for the 200 then? :lol:

Depends if you want a car with 3yr warranty or one thats past it's best & only going to cost more as the yrs pile on.
Some of us actually drive our cars & make informed decisions based upon that rather than going by what some journo says [-X
Down the tracks i took you along the Cup is quicker mainly due to brakes & the way it's not knocked off course.
May go for a 200 or 26r as i've been offered more than i payed for my Cup back in Feb, so free motoring =D>

Reaction score
Trophy No.
marrow said:
Steve, you must be good at making porridge!

Brilliant reposte, the best ones are always the ones that leave everyone scratching their heads :lol:

Reaction score
Just to add, if you Google "clio trophy" the following comes up...

"ClioTrophy.co.uk The forum for owners and fans of the Renaultsport Clio 182 Trophy."

Key words:
Owners
Fans

If you don't fall into the above, why bother contributing?

We're here to be informed and have fun. No?