Anyone want an E Type Jaguar

Reaction score
Thanks for that information Nick,I'll try and take a better look at Duscovery + later on.

If I was in your position Nick,with cars like that being offered to me...I'd be in the poor house!!
It would be damn hard to control and stop your petrol head from completely taking over 🙈😂😂

Reaction score
Trophy No.
V8 Vantage would make such a fantastic Gran Touring companion to keep the Trophy company. Certainly not cheap to maintain, but so much class and quite frankly, ridiculous value atm

As Clarkson coined, is there a better phrase in the English vocabulary than "shall we take the Aston?"

NickReilly063

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Looks like a backdated 1989 3.2 Carrera with a later 3.6 engine registered in 1995.

Not seen it in person yet but looking forward to seeing it and asking some questions.

E Type is having it’s Images taken today so it can be loaded onto the Collecting Cars website shortly - looking forward to seeing what that makes ??

NickReilly063

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Reaction score
There was some stunning cars in that auction but Jesus,some of the prices!!

I was watching it live online when that RS500 went for that figure,seems the real trick to driving prices to that level is to have someone in the Middle East bidding 😉

That Fiat Stradale was just stunning,not surprised it too went for so much.

With all the talk of inflation and recessions,there's obviously still plenty of spending money sloshing about anyway.

Watching Harry's preview video,I think I would have loved one of those Elan's.
I'm probably wrong but was there a Clio Williams in the auction as well?

Reaction score
Looking at some of the other results,I think the V8 Esprit went for what looks like a bargain £31,500.

I would have guessed £50k+ on something like that.
They seem to sort of go under the radar though,unless its something like the Sport 350 or GT3.

photo_ed

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.

Yes, the Williams sold for around the £30k mark I think.

The prices seem a bit all over the place and I personally think the Mini Cooper 970 S was a steal at the mid/late 30's it went for, those are usually closer to 55 to 60, but I don't know the provenance of that particular car, just going off a quick peek at the pics it looked a tidy enough car.

Reaction score
Yes, the Williams sold for around the £30k mark I think.

The prices seem a bit all over the place and I personally think the Mini Cooper 970 S was a steal at the mid/late 30's it went for, those are usually closer to 55 to 60, but I don't know the provenance of that particular car, just going off a quick peek at the pics it looked a tidy enough car.

Just seen that 970 S,yeah that seems like a great price for what is essentially a fully restored car.

And as you said,they usually go for a lot more than the £38k this one went for.

Colour really suits it as well.

photo_ed

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Just seen that 970 S,yeah that seems like a great price for what is essentially a fully restored car.

And as you said,they usually go for a lot more than the £38k this one went for.

Colour really suits it as well.
I'm obviously biased ;), but I do love Tweed Grey and OEW on an old Mini.:D(y)

Reaction score
Trophy No.
There was some stunning cars in that auction but Jesus,some of the prices!!

I was watching it live online when that RS500 went for that figure,seems the real trick to driving prices to that level is to have someone in the Middle East bidding 😉

That Fiat Stradale was just stunning,not surprised it too went for so much.

With all the talk of inflation and recessions,there's obviously still plenty of spending money sloshing about anyway.

Watching Harry's preview video,I think I would have loved one of those Elan's.
Buying assets as soon as inflation begins is often advisable.

photo_ed

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Just saw that the E-Type finished up at £95k plus fees the other day, thought it might do a little more than that.