Reaction score
Ello all,

Well I'll do a brief intro to me ..then get to the point!

1st rung on the Clio ladder was a used 51 reg 172 and I loved it!
But because I read EVO magazine, and am swayed by their road tests...
I traded the 172 for a brand new 172 cup.

I had the 172 Cup for about 2 years then traded it in for a New Full Fat (black Gold) Cupped 182...

I had that for 2 years then realised that I could afford a RWD sports car..(the up n coming 197 did nothing for me - at the time!)

So I traded my 2005 MINT 182 in for a 2002 VX220NA.

Loved every minute of my time with the VX (the looks you get, the speed etc etc) but (after over a year of ownership), 3 weeks ago on a damp / icy roundabout at 30mph, I lost it, hit the central reservation and NUKED it!!!!! :oops: :oops:

So, to my point caller, Im coming back home! I need a bit of comfort and a heater again! LOL

And....Ta da da..... I'm after a Trophy! 8)

Can you assist me in my quest? :shock:

I notice that No. 303 is for sale and also No. 114. Anyone know the history of these cars?

Let me know folks.

Cheers

Lee
8)

Reaction score
Not looked on the isurance yet but I Had 10 years "Protected" no claims on the VX so hopefully not too bad!

Im a 38 year old git, no points and only 1 crash!! LOL.

:D

Reaction score
vx220na said:
Not looked on the isurance yet but I Had 10 years "Protected" no claims on the VX so hopefully not too bad!

Im a 38 year old git, no points and only 1 crash!! LOL.

:D

Lol, I just turned 20, and it cost me 1,527 :(. Worth every penny though ;)

Reaction score
welcome, saw you on Cliosport... good choice of motor. There are loads of Trophy's around at the moment just check the usual places to pick up a bargain :)

Reaction score
Well all told Insurance quote, (crash/writeoff informed) Trophy = = £400.36p

Happy with that!!! :lol:

And that was just an online random.!

Reaction score
Hello mate, good to see more Trophys coming to the north east :)

You will love every minute of it, especially having croft on your doorstep aswell

Reaction score
Welcome to the site.

When you have found one your interested in have a look in the Owners Register to see who the current owner is, you can then search for all the posts that person has done as see if there has been anything added to the faults threads or others. this will not only give you details of faults they might have had but also that they have been sorted (when and by who).

find the one that fits your bill and all will be good!!!!

Reaction score
Youll love the Trophy - it really is better than I every thought it would be. Recon I'd have moved on by now, but nope I'm still quite happy with Kylie.

Seems like a good insurance quote - mine is circa £375 for me and the misses and that includes my work use too.

All Trophys aint the same. I looked at a few and paid slightly more for a low mileage standard car. The modified one's, whether it was Lexus lights or load exhausts, just werent for me and personnally I dont think improve the car whatsoever.

But then I am an old git :lol: :wink:

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
around the £400 mark sounds about right, mines £445 although i'm hoping to snick under the £400 mark this time around.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
£412 with greenlight, got a quote from the usual rabble of £262.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i bet that isn't including the mods you've made ;)

Greenlight are the cheapest in my experience when you start taking into account moderations and track days.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
No, it's suprising how quickly most of these companies cut short the call as soon as you mention mods :)

So yes Greenlight are by far the best if you are planning on going down that route.

Reaction score
clarki said:
All Trophys aint the same. I looked at a few and paid slightly more for a low mileage standard car. The modified one's, whether it was Lexus lights or load exhausts, just werent for me and personnally I dont think improve the car whatsoever.

But then I am an old git :lol: :wink:

Im old compared to some :D

I waited a year to 'improve' mine & wished afterwards i'd done it as soon as i got it. So for me the brakes, induction & exhaust would be a must do.
Esp the brakes they transform the car overnight, it's amazing how much you can take out of anothers cars lead when the roads get twisty.
But then again some of us drive our cars instead of polishing them (poke)

Reaction score
Olliev8 said:
Welcome to the site.

When you have found one your interested in have a look in the Owners Register to see who the current owner is, you can then search for all the posts that person has done as see if there has been anything added to the faults threads or others. this will not only give you details of faults they might have had but also that they have been sorted (when and by who).

find the one that fits your bill and all will be good!!!!

:D That's what Ive been doing for the past few days!!!

GREAT resource. :p

I actually thought "something was afoot" when I saw an add for a particular number, claimed as having one owner. I checked it out on here and found it had had 3 owners!!

Going back to the add I enlarged the ??/500 photo and the advertiser had mixed two of the numbers up on the add!

I still felt like Sherlock Holmes though..

I'll go now...

Cheerio

:wink:

Reaction score
g40steve said:
I waited a year to 'improve' mine & wished afterwards i'd done it as soon as i got it. So for me the brakes, induction & exhaust would be a must do.
Esp the brakes they transform the car overnight, it's amazing how much you can take out of anothers cars lead when the roads get twisty.
But then again some of us drive our cars instead of polishing them (poke)

Dont need to upgrade the brakes, just corner harder :wink: :lol:

Reaction score
Go read my post on # 319 on the "For Sale" section if you are really in the market for one of these.

Worth your effort I promise.

Reaction score
Trophy wanted

Hi lee. Just read your post - better late than never. Put a post on the Wanted section lat night in reply to another post - this is it

Hi. In reply to recent post (Feb 20) about non Autotrader/ Pistonheads Trophies.

Mine is due up for sale in the next week or so, just needs pics taken.

Having a shuffle around of cars : Selling Trophy as insurance too expensive for sons to drive when home from Uni. buying 1.2 / 1.4 Clio for them + me as a runaround + VX220 for my own driving pleasure !
Car is October 2005 55 plate with 6 months warranty remaining. Shade over 16000 miles. I am second owner (since April 06.) Bought at 2500 miles. Serviced by RenTech at Portsmouth at 12000 miles, new brakes and discs and 3 new tyres.

Unmarked apart from 3 or 4 very minor stone dings on bonnet front. Immaculate inside, back seat unused. Also included, personalised fitted embroidered Trophy mats with embroidered Trophy number. Looking for around £10,000 - £10250

If interested or need futher info, e.mail to brian.owens@blueyonder.co.uk
(Car is in West Midlands) Thanks for looking