Reaction score
to bring up another old post.....

I was chatting to Mark Fish yesterday evening and he mentioned that he now has springs to lower the Trophy by 20mm and that he has now fitted these to 3 Trophy's....

This begs the question for me.... Other than 7Mat having his lowered 10mm, who else has had the work done - do you have any pictures and do you also have any feedback on how it has changed the car?

Reaction score
Me!

My car now has the same spring changes as 7MAT's, Mark Fish has also set the geometry up using camber bolts at the front.

It now has braided hoses and DS2500 pads (which have only done about 50 miles at the mo)

In terms of feedback I have little at this point as I haven't really had a chance to put it to the test yet.

Observations so far though
It does look a little lower, and whilst a normal mortal might not notice I think the "tomato saddo's" amongst us would prob notice the front camber changes from the outside too.

From the hot seat the torque steer situation has improved (and my front tyres are quite worn) and the turn in/in corner grip levels are noticeably better and overall it feels more secure.

There is a marked difference in the weight transfer as the power is applied, previously as the car "came on the cam" there seemed to be a huge transfer of weight to the rear which left the front with a somewhat disconnected to the road surface/floaty feeling. lowering and stiffening the rear has markedly improved this, so the car now feels much more like it accelerates forward and level rather than "speedboating"

I think the brake pedal also feels better, but the real difference in the pad/hoses setup will come when they see some more spirited use.

Once I have given it a proper test I will report back, but suffice to say I am pleased with what I have found so far.

Reaction score
160dmb said:
Me!

My car now has the same spring changes as 7MAT's, Mark Fish has also set the geometry up using camber bolts at the front.

It now has braided hoses and DS2500 pads (which have only done about 50 miles at the mo)

In terms of feedback I have little at this point as I haven't really had a chance to put it to the test yet.

Observations so far though
It does look a little lower, and whilst a normal mortal might not notice I think the "tomato saddo's" amongst us would prob notice the front camber changes from the outside too.

From the hot seat the torque steer situation has improved (and my front tyres are quite worn) and the turn in/in corner grip levels are noticeably better and overall it feels more secure.

There is a marked difference in the weight transfer as the power is applied, previously as the car "came on the cam" there seemed to be a huge transfer of weight to the rear which left the front with a somewhat disconnected to the road surface/floaty feeling. lowering and stiffening the rear has markedly improved this, so the car now feels much more like it accelerates forward and level rather than "speedboating"

I think the brake pedal also feels better, but the real difference in the pad/hoses setup will come when they see some more spirited use.

Once I have given it a proper test I will report back, but suffice to say I am pleased with what I have found so far.

whereabouts are you based? :idea:

Reaction score
Gareth said:

I was chatting to Mark Fish yesterday evening and he mentioned that he now has springs to lower the Trophy by 20mm and that he has now fitted these to 3 Trophy's....

This begs the question for me.... Other than 7Mat having his lowered 10mm, who else has had the work done - do you have any pictures and do you also have any feedback on how it has changed the car?

Mark's springs drop the Trophy by only 10mm front and rear. Although this does make it 20mm lower at the front than a std 182 cup. Perhaps this is what he meant?

Reaction score
7MAT said:
Gareth said:

Mark's springs drop the Trophy by only 10mm front and rear. Although this does make it 20mm lower at the front than a std 182 cup. Perhaps this is what he meant?

ah i was driving at the time so perhaps i mis-understood that :?

Reaction score
I must be getting old, but on the pot holed roads of sussex I wouldn't want higher front spring rates

Reaction score
Donkey welcome ot the aging process - the lanes of Devon are certainly no better - theholes atfer the recent rain are bigger than pots. However as commented before I would think that for circuit work and smooth surface sprints the high coG does need something stiffer than sandard.

Reaction score
Yes the car is a bit rolly polly on track, but to make it perfect for track would make it unbearable for road, not a bad compromise as they are.

Reaction score
donkey said:
Yes the car is a bit rolly polly on track, but to make it perfect for track would make it unbearable for road, not a bad compromise as they are.

I think you just hit the nail on the head Donkey. Horse's for course's as they say.

It all depends how much you want from every day road use or occasional track work.

If its for track work then the set up can be too extreme for our lunar roads. :!:

Reaction score
Agreed, I have found it as stiff as I would want for the road and spot-on for hill climbing, wet or dry