Reaction score
Just took this snap to showcase my extensive fleet of motors! Not really. The Rover Cooper is off to Burton-on-Trent tomorrow, having been sold to fund Trophy 415. Luckily, the colour of the latter is a perfect match for my 03 WRX PPP, which I have had from new

Attachments

• My Three Cars.jpg
    My Three Cars.jpg
    448.5 KB · Views: 55
Reaction score
Three Amigos and a silver metro! lol Didn't know them things were still on the road

Reaction score
Thought someone would pick up on the oid Metro owned by the elderly gent across the road! The spots are great on the Mini – you can hear the alternate sigh when you switch on high beam. These were a standard factory fit by Rover on the late-build post-96 Coopers

Ajr

Reaction score
Very nice. Can't say i'm a scooby fan really though.
One of my friends has an X reg cooper sport and an old vtec clubman among a few other exotic cars in his fleet, a few of my friends have had old minis and i do really like them!

Still think the trophy is definitely the best in your garage :D

Will post pics of my fleet up in a few months when i've finished rebuilding the other cars!

Reaction score
Yes, the Cooper is a blast, and if I had a garage I'd be sorely tempted to keep it. However, I am fighting a losing battle with the rust, as the subframe needs replacing in the spring and the front driver's side panel is also on the way out. If only Rover had spent a bit of time rustproofing the finished product. The Trophy is great fun, but the Cooper is still hard to beat for sheer go-karting pleasure! Have you had the chance to drive your friend's X reg? If not, I would thoroughly recommend it. Had Imprezas since 1997 (this is No 3), and those things are bulletproof. Hard to find anything faster in a straight line (that I can afford!) that can carry the whole family to Devon on holidays, or be filled to the rafters with garden rubbish for the tip

Ajr

Reaction score
They all rust badly, within a few years also! I've driven one but only for a short drive, it felt very weird but quite nice. Great for very tight back roads, not so good on the big fast corners, that's what comes with having a short wheelbase though i guess. Passengered in them for enough miles, they are one of a kind.

Gotta agree on the impreza front, practical performance for cheap!

Reaction score
The Mini really only falls done on the M-way - not much kop as a car to take the family away on holiday in or for rubbish runs to the tip either for that matter. I routinely go up to Oxford to visit the publisher I freelance for, and although I loved the drive, sitting in the inside lane doing 75-80 mph with the engine revving its nuts off got a bit wearisome after a while - never tire of that DTM exhaust note though. Sure wish Rover had fitted a five-speed in the later Coopers as standard. Priced secondhand Jack Knight boxes last year and they were going for £2000 a pop! If I had a late-build numbered Cooper S it would be money well spent (again, as long as the car was garaged)