Reaction score
^^^Merlot?

When i was carless last yr my mum lent me her 1.8 sport while on holiday.
As mentioned what a laugh esp in the wet, powerslides at will :D
Seen a few on track & seem to go very well with little wear & tear =D>

Reaction score
I have been playing with similar thoughts, and my shortlist currently looks like this:

Exige S240
135M Coupe
E46 M3 CSL
Spec C RA-R (obviously not RWD - but I love these JDM specials)

All in the 25k -ish range.

I could see a Litchie MX5 in my future as well though.

In any case, I will postpone the purchase until next year, so in the meantime I shall lavish some TLC on the T.

Reaction score
g40steve said:
^^^Merlot?

Correct. Bit of an in joke, given Mrs Theboy's love of red wine, and the wine-bottle-caused dent in the boot when she slammed the boot on some shopping...

As for track-day suitability, if she ever sells it and I have the room/money, I'd seriously consider buying it and stripping it out for just such use. It's just such fun to drive.

Reaction score
taking mine to ring next month, will be silly slow!!! but fun...... hope it rains, as for your list csl all the way, god i love them :D

Reaction score
vamos said:
I have been playing with similar thoughts, and my shortlist currently looks like this:

Exige S240
135M Coupe
E46 M3 CSL
Spec C RA-R (obviously not RWD - but I love these JDM specials)

All in the 25k -ish range.

I could see a Litchie MX5 in my future as well though.

In any case, I will postpone the purchase until next year, so in the meantime I shall lavish some TLC on the T.

The guy who I mentioned earlier who had the VX220T now has a 135i. Very nice cars and very very fast. The pull on them is amazing. Very good all-rounders too, not bad for a trackday either.

Reaction score
Yep, the 135i is a great car. Add an LSD and £300 remap (380bhp), and you have an M3 beater. Add KW Clubsport suspension and you have a seriously focused machine. Best of all, the brakes are good as standard. It's a little odd in appearance, but I can live with that.

Reaction score
careful of the vx220 in the wet, a lack of concentration can lead to expensive repairs.... those clam-shells are not cheap!!

135/335 would be very enjoyable if they fall within your budget!

Reaction score
vamos said:
Yep, the 135i is a great car. Add an LSD and £300 remap (380bhp), and you have an M3 beater. Add KW Clubsport suspension and you have a seriously focused machine. Best of all, the brakes are good as standard. It's a little odd in appearance, but I can live with that.

Yeah he is after some KW's for next year, not worth the remap otherwise it will be too fast for its cornering ability. The car is a little flawed with its weight (as everything can be I guess, depends what you are used to) but it doesn't do too bad at all. He found the pads not lasting any time at all so he changed them for some serious Carbotech ones and now it is much better. There wasn't a problem with the original brakes fading, its just the pads wore out so fast. The electronic monitor came down by 3-4000 miles every trackday :lol:

Reaction score
Matt X2C said:
vamos said:

Yeah he is after some KW's for next year, not worth the remap otherwise it will be too fast for its cornering ability. The car is a little flawed with its weight (as everything can be I guess, depends what you are used to) but it doesn't do too bad at all. He found the pads not lasting any time at all so he changed them for some serious Carbotech ones and now it is much better. There wasn't a problem with the original brakes fading, its just the pads wore out so fast. The electronic monitor came down by 3-4000 miles every trackday :lol:

Standard pads - I don't think any manufacturer has the guts to put pads on their car that will be noisy around town, so I guess track day afficionados will forever be changing pads as the first thing they do to a car :) I meant caliper/disc size combo is good as standard, unlike the M3

I agree about the weight though, that's it's biggest weakness.