Reaction score
Hi all, been a while since i've been on here as i sold my T over two years ago now, a sad day that was too!

The Trophy has been by far my favourite car, for the year/12k miles i owned it i loved every second and done my best to keep it in perfect condition and it was just that 'perfect condition' in every way when i sold it.

As i've also got a 172 cup which is just more of a track/ring toy now I spend a fair bit of time on Cliosport. There are quite a few Trophy owners on there and I find it hard to believe how many Trophy's are being modified these days, I know many people say 'it's only a clio/car' and yes it is, but i hate seeing special editions being modified, especially highly praised ones such as the Trophy.

What with this and a reasonable number having been written of now I wonder how many 'standard cars' are out there now? At the price point they're at now I keep wondering if a low mileage 'mint' car would be a good investment at the moment. I know they're only ever going to be worth so much, but the Trophy is one of 'Renault's' lowest produced cars and one of their highest praised.

I really hope to have another Trophy one day, so please people keep them standard, I want to be able to pick up a good one when i have the spare cash and space:D

Thumbs up for the new site too :up:

Reaction score
Most of the T's I see are pretty much standard, bar the odd track car here and there.

Same, the only 'ruined' one on CS is the one with H&R coilovers, & he's still got the standard stuff in the shed ...

Dooes have god damn awful BBS wheels though!!

Mine back to standardish now, i have upgraded the seats though, to the more comfortable 'normal' 172 interior ;)

is1

Reaction score
To be honest, there have been quite a few on eBay in the last couple of years which have looked ropey, I remember seeing one with black wheels and colour coded mirrors. I personally don't like special editions to be modified either.
I am not sure they will ever be an "investment" (in the sense of appreciating) although compared to most cars, you may not lose a lot of money if you bought a good one now.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I've always thought each to their own when it comes to your car but really there are not that many mods that I have seen that make the T look better. Bar the obvious mods that i think just about everyone would agree on I think Renault got it pretty much spot on.

Reaction score
Hopefully you're all right, I just seem to keep seeing and hearing of people doing this and that to their T's! Think i'm just worrying that when i come to have the cash and space to get another one there won't be any good standard ones about!

Reaction score
I've always thought each to their own when it comes to your car but really there are not that many mods that I have seen that make the T look better. Bar the obvious mods that i think just about everyone would agree on I think Renault got it pretty much spot on.

Which are ?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I intended to keep mine a standard mint example, that didn't last long! I like to fiddle.

Reaction score
It's even things like the 'wiper stalk' conversion that i hate seeing, i know i know it's only a clio!!

So many with 182ff rear benches and things like colour coded dash strips, alcantara door cards, a pillars let alone different wheels, rear suspension, anti roll bars and so on........

Reaction score
Mods so far; Twingo Mats (Hell yes), Aluminium Clutch foot Rest, Yozza.

Rusty exhaust, was never going to replace with another mild steel piece of shite!

Reaction score
I don't do anything much to mine largely because I can't afford to, haven't even had its dampers done. Mods it has are the ones it came with: Powerflow exhaust, carbon-fibre splitter (looks good IMO) and mudflaps. Only things I've done is replace the gearknob for a richbrook one and add some Trophy decals on the bootlid and edge of bonnet.

Don't even use #110 at all hardly anymore :( However worth hanging onto as in good nick with only 40k on clock and I know I'd always regret selling. If I didn't have a garage to keep it nice I wouldn't have it though. Fingers crossed I can find a job after uni next year and give her all she needs! :)

Reaction score
I don't really agree with this thread. If you get bored of cars quickly then you should probably leave it standard but if you want to keep it for a while then why not improve it. Most of the mods mentioned are easily put back. The Trophy is a good car out of the factory but it could be better. A FF182 seat is so much better so why not have one. The nasty rear bench doesn't even have head rests which is dangerous in my opinion.
Unfortunately it doesn't have much midrange and it's a bit understeery on the limit so why not sort that out too :)

Reaction score
Mines currently at what i believe to be the perfect every day spec:

Wiper stalk mod, BTB exhaust, remap, aircon delete, V6 airbox, Sportlines, Whiteline ARB, -2 degrees camber, alcantara door cards, leather rear seats & most importantly, 'normal' 182 front seats!!

The Recaro's whilst looking lovely, offer about as much support as a park bench. Standard 1*2 ones are far better imho.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
True, I find I have (slightly) less back problems with the Trendlines though.

Reaction score
I think the Trendlines are miles better than the standard seats. The standard seats are lower, but the recaros have more back support which is ideal IMO. I found myself slouching so much more in the standard seats.

Reaction score
The Trendlines look good and are OK but on the track they offer no real support; surprised the std 182's seats are any better!!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
The Trendlines look good and are OK but on the track they offer no real support; surprised the std 182's seats are any better!!
They have big side bolsters so they hold you in position quite well. not great for posture though