MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
I have spoken to Simon at cornering force and he has given me this e-mail.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Marc

Thanks for getting in touch.

We have done these before and got a couple of sets in at the moment. I’m just waiting for some more main seals but otherwise able to turn these around quite easily/quickly.

The cost is £85 for the rebuild which includes labour, “service” parts (seals, oil) and a dyno test on completion. Postage is about £15 for next day service. Quite often they need new Schrader valve bodies/cores - these cost about £4.50. Any other unserviceable item that needs replacing will be at extra cost.

Some I have seen do look pretty rusty and I am going to offer to blast and either powder coat or plate – blasting would be about £20 and plating or powder coating would be about £30 for them both. You are welcome to do it yourself and I will post back to you when stripped and just assemble when I get them back.

Re. Warranty - We always stand by our work and will correct any faults that may be present in units that we have serviced. If we do a repair that we cannot warrant we discuss this with the customer (usually to resurrect something that would otherwise be scrapped) and make sure they are happy.

I hope this gives you the information you need – please do give me a call if you’d like to discuss.

Best regards

Simon Roberts - Director

Reaction score
This seems a good alternative to BG, keen pricing and good web site.

MarcR did they see any problems getting parts for these other than seals etc mine need new shafts.

Its also good to see the 'complete' service being offered ie blasting and coating.nice touch.

Reaction score
great news ! alot better pricing for a rebuild there.

More normal pricing you mean?!!? I give it 6 months before BG stop selling them Sachs parts, its not like it hasnt happened before when another supplier has started doing cheaper refurbs ...

Reaction score
bang ! Perfect timing :) Funny how these were suggested to me today earlier too !

Reaction score
Hi dave - "alot better pricing" is pretty self explanatory ie - as in the price they should be,so not getting ur point with ur reply about normal pricing ?

And yeah can see why they would stop supplying parts if it was taking away from there business.

Hopefully not though as dont fancy forking out the price again that i payed a few months ago to get mine redone.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
The price is PER SIDE and you also have to add your vat on it also.

You are roughly looking at about £150+vat if you want them powder coated.

Simon has also told me he has seen them cracking and that causing the leaking of the gas / oil but once again he offers a service to wield these up and repair them.

He does offer a warranty BUT ONLY on the work that he has carried out (E.G Seals) and he has told me that he is getting them direct from supplier but im unsure if thats sachs or BG

Reaction score
Such good news! I've spoken to Simon and he seems very helpful so I'm going to take my dampers off and book them in next week. The prices are brilliant; I was so close to sending them to BG as well.

Reaction score
I think I was the first cornering force customer for the trophy dampers, I got mine done back in May.

Really friendly guys there, really know their stuff! I was actually sent there by track torque who I'm sure a few of you will have heard of, so reputable too.

More normal pricing you mean?!!? I give it 6 months before BG stop selling them Sachs parts, its not like it hasnt happened before when another supplier has started doing cheaper refurbs ...

I don't see it happening this time Dave, I mentioned this to Simon and they have a good relationship with BG it seems, send each other work and that sort of thing, so not just some random competitor at least. If anything it could improve the prices from BG, since they would have some healthy competition. BG have been getting away with charging too much for too long imo.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Very much so.

Has anyone tried getting a quoted for a re-seal/ refill aftermarket coil overs as a comparison from BG?

Reaction score
Trophy No.

Unfortunately this will probably happen. I am really not adverse to paying a decent price for any work done on my car and don't begrudge paying for the best but these prices just illustrate that BG have just been taking the piss.

Reaction score
So does this mean people will be booking their dampers in even if they don't need doing, just so money can be saved? Especially if they haven't been done for a few years? Mine for instance could do with a bit of powdercoating.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
So does this mean people will be booking their dampers in even if they don't need doing, just so money can be saved? Especially if they haven't been done for a few years? Mine for instance could do with a bit of powdercoating.

I think this is something we are all weighing up.

Reaction score
Yes this is where mine are and they are being powder coating this week. They've been there a few weeks as they was getting more stock of the seals which now should be in. Simon is very helpful and knows his stuff always updates you with the progress.:cool: