Reaction score
I have a Trophy here where the dampers were rebuilt perfectly by Aurok. About £300 but from memory the Sachs parts took a while to obtain. They are Ohlins dealers based in Alton, Hants.

Reaction score
I have a Trophy here where the dampers were rebuilt perfectly by Aurok. About £300 but from memory the Sachs parts took a while to obtain. They are Ohlins dealers based in Alton, Hants.

Aurok cant do them anymore unfortunately, the Sachs distributor cut their supply line iirc.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I read on CS that Fred might have someone he could recommend, anyone know who?

Reaction score
I read on CS that Fred might have someone he could recommend, anyone know who?

This may sound daft, but i dont think its wise discussing who can & cannot do the refurbs on the forum, there is only one distributor of Sachs parts in the UK, and all the other refurb places, once they start doing a few Trophy refurbs suddenly are unable to get any parts ...

Reaction score
Trophy No.
This may sound daft, but i dont think its wise discussing who can & cannot do the refurbs on the forum, there is only one distributor of Sachs parts in the UK, and all the other refurb places, once they start doing a few Trophy refurbs suddenly are unable to get any parts ...

Fair enough, valid point. But does that mean any search is ultimately fruitless or at best only available to those in the "know"

Reaction score
would any other company be able to get the parts from sachs??? say a motorbike racing team who use/rebuild sachs units for their bikes on the tt etc?? or are BG only the suppliers for car parts or the complete sachs range for all vehicles??

Reaction score
Hi All,
Just got this e-mail from BG do the prices quoted sound about right from peoples experiences

'A standard service to replace seals, guide bushes, gas caps, strip and clean the internal valves and refill with clean oil , fresh nitrogen and dyno test to make sure they are working correctly works out to approximately £430 for the pair including return delivery and VAT. To replace the standard adjusters with fully working items adds another £120 to the total.

If new shafts are required to replaced scored or damaged ones, this would be an additional £135 per side.'

How much are the new shocks now? are they available easily ? because to my maths that works out at £820 all in worst case.factor in a new set of rears £1K ?:rolleyes:

Reaction score
I've ordered a pair of brand new items for £940 though there are supply issues, I've been waiting 2 months now and still no word from Renault UK as to when they will recieve a batch from Sachs. :mad:

Reaction score
Trophy No.
The prices sound about right.

They have gone up a little since I had mine done last year, I think they said it was £100 per side for new shafts?

I am becoming more and more skeptical about these new pairs of dampers from Renault. I would like to get a pair but I can't see it happening. I think that they had some left over and have now sold them and they have not made the part obsolete on their system which is why we can still order them. I think that those who managed to get a spare set were the lucky ones.

I live in hope though...

Reaction score
I agree - I've just cancelled my order for front Sachs. Been waiting 2 months now and got a text from wests saying they would be ready on 8th June and with them a week later.....yet when I rang yesterday they were still none the wiser! £1113 back in my account on the bright side!!!

Reaction score
So if from what your saying new are now out of the question a refurb is the only route apart from a complete change to a coil over set up?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I don't know if the new ones are actually just taking a very long time to come into stock, or if they are no longer available. So if you can get hold of a new set, grab it with both hands, if you can't it, looks like it will be refurbishments for as long as they last, then it will be a change to a whole new set up.

Does anyone know how long a car manufacturer has to supply spare parts for before they are discontinued, and will it not apply to us because the dampers are not really a Renault part?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Well home electronics is seven years so I can't see it being different for a different industry, it would over complicate things. I think Renault could argue that it is an outsourced complete unit and that parts were available for them to be serviced anyway.
I have been wondering since the price drop whether it was an end of line price drop. Hope I'm wrong but at least it might mean the nice pair I've got wrapped up downstairs might be worth more than the £100 some have been touted at :(

is1

Reaction score
Perhaps we (someone?) need(s) to ask Renault UK whether they are waiting on enough orders, waiting for a certain date or whether they genuinely have no idea what the status on dampers is. Someone must control the manufacturing initiation process for specific parts.
I wonder if someone like Jeremy Townsend or Renault UK Customer Services might be able to assist. I am sure people on Cliosport have corresponded with Jeremy Townsend.
We might as well get a straight answer to this if there is one. Marc, are you out there!

Reaction score
Car manufacturers only have to provide spares for the length of the production cycle & a reasonable time thereafter. Each manufacturer will interpret reasonable time differently.

IIRC Honda will reproduce any part for any car it has ever made as long as it gets a minimum order of 2, but I may be wrong on that just something I remember reading or being told. Though I have found no issues getting parts on older Jap cars from dealers, even JDM parts originally not sold on UK models, unlike European manufacturers.

Reaction score
What about the twingo rally car dampers as an alternative ? didn't someone have part numbers? at least they would still look original (ish).