Reaction score
Okay so I decided not to renew the tax on my T at the end of October as i'm anticipating another horrendous winter with bucket loads of salt being spread on the roads. Not a great thing to have plastered all over my lovely refurbished sachs dampers :)

So I SORN'd my T online and it's kept off the road on my drive. My question is if I decide I want to re-tax the vehicle I will obviously need an MOT, to do this I need to drive to the garage - without tax! Is that the normal process, drive without tax if you get pulled explain you're driving to the garage for your MOT? Then if it passes drive home and get it Taxed online :?

Thanks,

Andy

P.S Anyone else taking their T off the road for the Winter?

Reaction score
I'm not sorning mine, but in the past 6 weeks I've done about 100 miles. I also now have a garage, which is where it lives. I refuse to sorn a car I activley use but since my circumstances have changed I have done drastically less mileage. However, I do try to use it where possible.

For those people sorning them...Why? It's only a Clio, it's not worth that much. Surely with this type of car, you want to be driving it and enjoying it, otherwise you're just keeping it in better condition for the next owner.

Also, does this mean your T's are 2nd cars?

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Im not going to SORN mine this winter but with my workshop being almost finished it's living in there over winter. Luckily (or unluckily) i'm working in Denmark throughout winter so I don't have to rely on it as I don't have a second car.

For the sake of £130 tax for 6 months over winter I would rather be able to drive it whenever and give it a good run out a few times over winter just to keep it running.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
True.... I am being a tight bast*rd really

Haha! To be fair Andy you do have to tax and insure 2 cars so you have a good reason for being a tight Bast*rd (your words not mine) :)

Reaction score
My trophy has been undercover for a few weeks now and will be for most if the winter. My tax expired April 11 so I have claimed the tax back and declared it sorn. I miss it loads already, however I'm having a lot of fun in a very oversteery bmw.

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
I'm hoping to do the same to mine this winter. Give me chance to change the few bits I want to ready for Spring time!