Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Quick update on this one:

- ITG Panel Filter done
- Cold Air Feed & Removal of acoustic valve (this to be followed by an ITG Maxogen at some point)
- Better Horn (something a kin to an alpine bus) bought, about to be fitted- Lightweight & Strong racing wheels – ET45, 15†or 16†not bothered which, probably 15†sorted
- Track tyres – Semi slick in case of damp patches (Toyo Proxies?) sorted
- Brake lines (goodridge braided with SS fixings)
- Brake callipers (4 pots on the front)
- Disks (Brembo Max)
- Pads (either the Pagid Blue RS4-2’s or Ferodo DS2500 pads, anything else that is suitable for road use that you’d recommend?)
- Brake fluid – (Castrol Dot 4?)
- Orbisoud exhaust possibly the new janspeed? waiting for end of warrenty.
- Chip & Remap (possibly the group N ECU) Live remap by RS Tuning after the 'zorst goes on

Reaction score
What do I think?!? =P~ :twisted:

I've got similar plans, but I've had to put everything on the back burner until after I get married! :roll:

Wheel wise I would be tempted to go for 15's as the amount of tyres availble is far greater and are much better value than for 16's.

With regards to the 4-pot conversion, I'll wait until I have tried and tested some better pads, discs and fited the braided hoses before I make any decsions about whether 4-pots are actually needed.

Everything else seems like sensible mods for a track car that you can actually drive to the circuit...or have some serious fun on country roads! :D

Reaction score
Cue said:
.... I'm going to turn the Trophy into a more track biased car..... Over the next 18 months or so I'll be doing the following, what's your thoughts?

- ITG Panel Filter
- Cold Air Feed & Removal of acoustic valve (this to be followed by an ITG Maxogen at some point)
- Better Horn (something a kin to an alpine bus)
- Lightweight & Strong racing wheels – ET45, 15†or 16†not bothered which, probably 15â€Â
- Track tyres – Semi slick in case of damp patches (Toyo Proxies?)
- Brake lines (goodridge braided with SS fixings)
- Brake callipers (4 pots on the front)
- Disks (Brembo Max)
- Pads (either the Pagid Blue RS4-2’s or Ferodo DS2500 pads, anything else that is suitable for road use that you’d recommend?)
- Brake fluid – (Castrol Dot 4?)
- Orbisoud exhaust
- Chip & Remap (possibly the group N ECU)

I'm not going to turn it into a pure track car so roll cage etc is probably 5-10 years off, as I want to be able to drive it to the track and also take a passenger or two.

Weight loss will probably follow the above, not sure in what form yet though.....

I've toyed with the idea of buying a car to do this to but thought feck it, it'll cost a good 5/6k to do that and i may as well start with this and buy a sensible car for family things, when/if I need to.

What's your thoughts?

Doesn't sound like you're going to ruin it too much, it was made for the ocassional track-day anyway, just don't rip it apart oo much or replace the dampers, otherwise you're better off buying a cheap Cat D 172 Cup or even a FF 182 and stripping it out. Remember that it won't be worth squat after it's been a track machine for a couple of years, especially with all the data about the car on the internet (1700 posts!) that probably doesn't bother you though. Deffo with the Orb, re-map and Maxogen though, they just improve breathing and don't ruin the car's character. Just my tuppence worth.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i don't think i'll ever sell it, may get replaced it I stuff it into a wall or it becomes too expensive to keep going compared to a new 'old' car etc.

Reaction score
Sounds good.

Although IMHO save your money and don't bother with 4 pots or Maxogen. Both are very nice but OTT - you can get the same results much cheaper.

Brembo discs, braided hoses and some decent pads are all you need, I'm now on my second set of Mintex M1177 - highly recommended.

Map wise I would recommend a custom Superchip for the best results.

Orbisoud is a lovely road exhaust system. But you might be better off with just a de-cat, as there is very little gains to be had from the back box. I would bet that the std exhaust system with de-cat would produce the same if not more power than the Orbisoud complete with sports cat.

For track work, the best mod (if you haven''t already done it) is camber adjustment. A visit to Mark Fish or the RaceDcotor should be at the top of your list with new brakes.

Reaction score
7MAT said:
A visit to the RaceDcotor should be at the top of your list with new brakes.

Glad you've said that Mat, Me and Oly (chiefbadger) are getting exactly that done next weekend, HC discs, braided lines, Ferodo's and fluid are in the post from Yozz. I'm putting the new tryes on and doing the oil change at the same time, then praying for some nice dry weather so I can, in the words of this weeks Autocar "Cock a rear wheel - a nice two-fingered salute to that Porsche you've just left for dead."

Maybe it was pulled over with a flat?

Reaction score
Good man, i'm there with you. I've recently decided to do the same though not quite as much as you.
I'll be doing brakes, camber, obrisoud, ITG panel and custom superchip.

The guy linked in the renaultsport post is a great lad. I met him last season at Rockingham. He was running Leda suspension and 4-pots. I chased him on track for a few laps and he was just pulling away every corner. I was really impressed but then his car has had some serious money spent on it.

Steve, im only 30 miles from Lewes, what weekend are you getting these things done? As i'm tempted to come down.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
problem with MArk Fish and RC doctor is that it's a two day for me to get anything done. Over night stay etc.... Yozza would be better for me.

Reaction score
jezza l said:
Good man, i'm there with you. I've recently decided to do the same though not quite as much as you.
I'll be doing brakes, camber, obrisoud, ITG panel and custom superchip.

The guy linked in the renaultsport post is a great lad. I met him last season at Rockingham. He was running Leda suspension and 4-pots. I chased him on track for a few laps and he was just pulling away every corner. I was really impressed but then his car has had some serious money spent on it.

Steve, im only 30 miles from Lewes, what weekend are you getting these things done? As i'm tempted to come down.

Oly and I are going there on the 17th March, we're driving over from Brighton, get the stuff from Yozzasport (I've shopped around and couldn't find cheaper for the stuff I wanted) and meet us there, PM donkey for prices etc.

Reaction score
Steve said:
Oly and I are going there on the 17th March, we're driving over from Brighton, get the stuff from Yozzasport (I've shopped around and couldn't find cheaper for the stuff I wanted) and meet us there, PM donkey for prices etc.
dammit, i'm meant to be in clapham all that weekend :(
I'll buy from yozza. Do you know what camber settings your going for? or are you just going to see what is recommended?
Have you bought camber correction bolts or anyting?
Sorry for the thread high jack cue :oops:

Reaction score
All good, and I thoroughly recommend the suspension (incl camber) changes.
Brake hoses and fluid also v cost effective.

Brakes themselves: Venting the Brembo discs with good pads will improve things immeasurably. Look at a Clio Cup car, they remove the fogs and vent the discs using that airflow with very positive results.

Make it stop 'n' turn. ie susp & brakes first
Reduce weight
Then increase power

Fastest change you can ever make for a track day though is instruction, it's also permanent, and works whichever car you eventually buy.

Referring back to an earlier post SKID CAR TRAINING, seriously cost effective, and much cheaper than repairing it!

I have just done braided hoses, brake fluid, camber & geometry setup, and the same springs that 7MAT has. Is the difference worth it YOU BET, and I haven't even gotten under the bonnet yet.

Reaction score
160dmb said:
I have just done braided hoses, brake fluid, camber & geometry setup, and the same springs that 7MAT has. Is the difference worth it YOU BET, and I haven't even gotten under the bonnet yet.

When I spoke to Mark Fish the other week he said that he had done another.

Did he modify your front arches at the same time, as I found that on track I could get the tyres to rub slightly.

Reaction score
with regard to Mark Fish Motorsport suspension set up...what does he do exactly and what kind of price are we talking??

Is it just a camber adjustment or is it lowered and stiffened etc??

I am interested in getting this done, although im thoroughly amazed with the set-up as standard.

Reaction score
Firstly 7Mat (dont know your name), yes it was mine and thanks for putting your car up to do all the development work!

Front arches, actually I don't know the answer, I will have to ask him, the car hasn't been on track so it hasnt had a real workout, daresay it might one day.

Next thing is brakes, or at least pads. I have been watching the poll with interest.

Was it you who was talking about Eugene O'Brien? I know and use him for my Mini race car.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Matt X2C said:
with regard to Mark Fish Motorsport suspension set up...what does he do exactly and what kind of price are we talking??

I am interested in getting this done, although im thoroughly amazed with the set-up as standard.

Errr that's dangerous ground your stomping on there. :lol:

Reaction score
160dmb said:
Firstly 7Mat (dont know your name), yes it was mine and thanks for putting your car up to do all the development work!

Front arches, actually I don't know the answer, I will have to ask him, the car hasn't been on track so it hasnt had a real workout, daresay it might one day.

Next thing is brakes, or at least pads. I have been watching the poll with interest.

Was it you who was talking about Eugene O'Brien? I know and use him for my Mini race car.

Yes it was me that was talking about Eugene O'Brien, not that I've done anything about it yet. Been far too busy with a change of career. The plan was to do as many track day etc as I could this year. Now I'm going to have to be a little more selective while I set up a new business.

Any pics of your mini race car?

Matt

Reaction score
Matt X2C said:

I've listed most of the prices etc in my garage section (next to members map) LOL.

We will have to meet up, you will be able to see for yourself what the changes are like.