Reaction score
buying a LTD edition Renaultsport is always going to be about History & Mileage- just the same as the V6-

With it being a buyers market if joe public has say 6k in his pocket then more than likely he will hold out & spend 6.5/7k for one with the mileage in the 20's

If order to sell a 50k one then you need a big incentive for someone with 6k to trade down to 5.5/5k- at the end of the day people wanty the best value-

Its the same with all the range, but more promenent in LTD edition models-

a 30k trophy thats worth 6.6k now will still be 6k next year, where as a 50/60k one worth 5k this year will be worth around 4k next year...

Low owners, low mileage & dealer history will sell this car over & over again...

S

Reaction score
Yes - until one day when the supply/demand curve changes shape and they stop coming up for general sale 8)

Reaction score
Some interesting comments here - just got myself a 30k minter for 6.5k - fair value by my reckoning...... :-w

please say yes, please say yes, please say yes (turns to dieppe, drops to knees and prays)

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Sir_Dave said:
Luke335 said:
The more you use it the better value it is in my opinion. I guess mines depreciated £10k in 100,000 miles but if I'd only done 20,000 it will have still lost £5k.

1st owner paid £14,235 for mine in September 2005, 5 years (& 170k later lol) i paid £2675, so £11,560 in depreciation. Now, i've spent a good 2 grand on making it perfect mechanically, but its worth what i paid for it all day long.

As such, i could never sell the thing, what else could i get for the money that is as much fun!!

<3 my little shed :oops:
I bought mine brand new - and still can't think of any other car sub £60k that does what the trophy does. 35+mpg, can fit bikes in the back, Elise/exige quick on a b-road... Any one else come up with anything else.

Caterhams don't have the everyday usability, porsche's don't have the same boot space, You're talking M3's, RS4's... and they don't return the same mpg and cost a fortune to maintain (i've had a few). The trophy ticks soo many boxes it's untrue.

Reaction score
r26r does everything a trophy does bar rear seats but better, can be had for sub 16-17k private. or clio 182 cup, does 99% what a trophy does and its alot cheaper to buy. even my mini gp is a match, it understeers more though but thats to be expected with a car with 215 bhp. it shares the same dna, just a fun car to drive on road and track. very special car, i would have another trophy in the future but very hard to find a standard one today.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I know a few with the above cars, the mini struggles to get over 30 mpg and is now where near as much fun on the twisties - although it's still better than 99% of the machinery out there. Take your point about the other renosports, although i suppose that's why for even the french, they're special cars. :lol:

Reaction score
Cars are just going to get heavier for safety, and more eco friendly, even electric, so these are an extinct breed now. The Trophy is the pinnacle of hot hatch handling and once the prices settle down they will creep up again and always be worth a decent price vs another ordinary 2005 car. they will appear in group tests of 'classic' hot hatches forever and that will keep up the desirability.

As for mods, how do you know that mine has lightened and balanced flywheel and uprated cams? Plus aren't my top mounts and engine mountings an improvement over something also fitted to a Clio 1.2? Blah blah... Well, now I've let the cat out the bag haha. There are plenty of FIA or 'modified' E-Types still worth an arm and a leg.