Reaction score
I hit the biggest i've seen so far tonight on the way home, i haven't looked at the wheels ot tyres yet but the 5 miles after hitting it seems fine so fingers crossed!! Especially as i've just paid out £180 a tyre for the car!

One plus point to Megane ownership i guess is the shocks are ten a penny compared to my old Trophy!! Although i still know what i'd rather own (trophysmall)

Reaction score
Trophy No.
At 180 quid no wonder you'd rather have to T ;-)
You guys have clearly not mastered the “Trophy weave” actually essential if you have stm's

Reaction score
hoolio said:
You guys have clearly not mastered the “Trophy weave” actually essential if you have stm's

I do this as well, i must look drunk when i drive! :)

Reaction score
I hit a pot hole a while back, burst my side wall and dinted the alloy, tyre was only about 2wks old. Just so happened that at the same time the ball joint on that side of the car give up and needed replacing. I was only doing approx 10mph when i hit the hole.

After a lenghtly debate with North Tyneside Council and the Highway Agency i managed to get some of the money back, not the full cost of the repairs though, :evil: .

Reaction score
Get a pro forma invoice form a local Renault garage take it to the council with photographic evidence of the pot hole with a ruler stuck into it and get them to pay for it.

Do these for customer all the time and get results most of the time depends how bent the council is? :p

Reaction score
power ranger said:
Get a pro forma invoice form a local Renault garage take it to the council with photographic evidence of the pot hole with a ruler stuck into it and get them to pay for it.

Do these for customer all the time and get results most of the time depends how bent the council is? :p

I did this with many photos, still it was nearly as had as getting blood from a stone!

Reaction score
Has anyones dampers been badly damaged by a pot hole? You know about your tyre side wall you can complain to your council about pot holes there was a feature on fifth gear about it I think it might be on YouTube.

Reaction score
Luckily i have driven my route to work that many times over the years i know where every nook and cranny is on the road so i have now got my own route on the road i.e. i know when to get to the left for a pothole on the right to avoid looking like i'm driving steamed...!

Cheshire is bad at the moment around Wilmslow and Alderley Edge, knutsford etc