Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I had to laugh....

I've been talking to a guy in the local for the best part of a month about cars - he's after a new one, current steed is a Corsa SXI and he's gunning for a Corsa VXR, after being ribbed for the past month about needing fluorescent lights to go with it etc he finally laid me some money down last night that it would eat a Trophy for breakfast....

Anyhooo, I took him for a spin and let him drive it for a mile, he got out with a big smile on his face with "I love that car" and asking me how much he could get one for.... lol

Although I've managed to acquire some finger nail marks on the passenger seat from when he was sat in it.... :lol:

ps, de restricted and deserted back roads Pennine B-roads were scouted first before scaring the pants out of him.

Reaction score
I almost bought a VXR before the Trophy, my parents had even offered to pay for most of it as a birthday present! :eek: but i just couldnt, im sure i would have loved it, but i knew that deep down i would have regretted buying it and secretly wanted a Trophy because i just love em' :wink:

Reaction score
I was the same when i went to buy my trophy. The car dealer (dan from ds cars) took me for a spin (1st time i had been in a trophy) he drove the socks off it down a windy country road, terrifying to say the least, however had the biggest smile on my face all the way back to the garage, there and then i knew that was the car for me! So very nearly went for a black civic type r, but was so glad i didnt after being in the trophy.

Reaction score
I've had similar experiences with people with type r's etc and just left them behind. Unfortunately our Trophies are very underrated but very capable machines.

Reaction score
ed55j said:
I was the same when i went to buy my trophy. The car dealer (dan from ds cars) took me for a spin (1st time i had been in a trophy) he drove the socks off it down a windy country road, terrifying to say the least, however had the biggest smile on my face all the way back to the garage, there and then i knew that was the car for me! So very nearly went for a black civic type r, but was so glad i didnt after being in the trophy.

Mods, give this man a third star.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
ed55j said:
ed, could you post up in the register under your number or create a new post if it hasn't yet been registered... 3rd star and owner status will then be awarded.

Reaction score
I had 3 years of abuse from a friend with a Corrado VR6 until everyone got him a track evening for his birthday and I went along in the Trophy :D

Reaction score
I was behind one of these today. Sounded good on full chat.

Rear bumper is a bit of an abortion though.