Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Im currently looking to buy a trophy and over the past few weeks I've noticed more and more coming up for sale but rarely selling. Then last night 3 came up for sale within the space of 2 hours on Pistonheads. Is this a coincidence or am I missing something here? Is there an expensive job due on the Trophy after 7 years?
I've had a look on here and clionet but can't find any info. I know the major/cambelt service and the damper refurb are the 2 big main ones, is there anything else?
Thanks for any help

Reaction score
Or should I just be glad there's so many for me to choose from :D

Reaction score
No other big jobs really, its just that time of year.
I would take advantage of the abundance and view as many as possible...seriously

Reaction score
If u want one for 4k with 59000 miles, cambelt and service done 1000 miles ago and four brand new cup shocks (original shocks included) then pm me...

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Im currently looking to buy a trophy and over the past few weeks I've noticed more and more coming up for sale but rarely selling. Then last night 3 came up for sale within the space of 2 hours on Pistonheads. Is this a coincidence or am I missing something here? Is there an expensive job due on the Trophy after 7 years?
I've had a look on here and clionet but can't find any info. I know the major/cambelt service and the damper refurb are the 2 big main ones, is there anything else?
Thanks for any help

Where are you based? I know the Cambridge T on PH. He bought it about 2yrs ago and is a mature owner - he also has a yellow Renault A610 lurking in his garage.

Reaction score
Where are you based? I know the Cambridge T on PH. He bought it about 2yrs ago and is a mature owner - he also has a yellow Renault A610 lurking in his garage.

+ he has an obsessive need to collect number plates starting with RIB...

Reaction score
If u want one for 4k with 59000 miles, cambelt and service done 1000 miles ago and four brand new cup shocks (original shocks included) then pm me...

Im assuming the Sachs are knackered (& in need of a £400-£700 refurb), hence the cup shocks?

Reaction score
Im assuming the Sachs are knackered (& in need of a £400-£700 refurb), hence the cup shocks?

What would be the point of a T with cup dampers?
Wouldn't I be buying the T just for some nice Recaro seats?
Surely, it would be better to save some money and to just buy a 182 Cup?

Reaction score
Hence the £4k price......rather than £5-6k with refurbed dampers that are ready to go anyway???????

Reaction score
Yeah bought it with intention of buying brand new Sachs but there's more chance of England winning a world cup than that! Put cup shocks on so it wasn't being driven on damaged Sachs until I either sell it or buy decent coil overs?!

Reaction score
I hate to say it but Give it another 5 years or so and most trophys will be running cup dampers

Why's that?
Is there a limit to the number of times the Sachs dampers can be refurbished? Or do you mean no one will want to spend £500-800 on a car that by then might only be worth £2k?

Reaction score
In 5 years time when the average 100k trophy is worth maybe £2000 who other than the true enthusiasts will want to spend £750 just to refurb the dampers let alone shell out for a new pair - if you could get them!

Reaction score
Yeah, that's a good point. Something to bear in mind definitely.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
People dont hesitate to spend megabucks on coilovers for £3k 172s though..

Reaction score
Trophy No.

Yes but by doing that you have a shiny new toy to play with, spending up to £700 quid on something you already have is rather more mundane.

Reaction score
It wouldn't have sill stickers though ^^
LOL

Have to agree with aucky.
The only reason to buy the T is for the Sachs dampers. The seats, wheels, red paint and spoiler are nice but really, why did you buy a T? I presume because on recently rebuilt Sachs dampers the handling is something that little bit special. This is the reason (hopefully) people will continue to buy T's and continue to pay £700 to have the Sachs rebuilt.

Am I wrong in thinking these can be rebuilt indefinitely? Aren't they completely stripped down and all internals replaced? And because they are designed to be rebuilt there should never be any reason to buy a new pair. Unless of course the outer casing is somehow damaged I guess.

Reaction score
I think mine shall be going up for sale soon. Not to sure whether I should split the RS2 or sell it whole though...