Reaction score
Hi all,
Recently bought the Trophy from j333evo (Aaron) T9 PHY
( http://www.cliotrophy.co.uk/forum/showthread.php/51928-Trophy-no-243-500 )

unfortunately I had a bit of an ordeal shortly after my purchase on the drive home

Travelling from Northants where I bought the car back to Cornwall where I live, I developed a misfire :(

A recovery trip, a set of plugs, coil pack and uprated leads later and all is well :cool:

Fortunately I live reasonably close to Quay Garage / Pure Motorsport and Nick is a customer of mine so after a trip down to his a couple of days ago I'm waiting on his 182 exhaust, soon to be released :D

Anyway I've already managed to glean some info from the forum and hopefully attend some meets etc soon....
I will be at FCS in the themed paddock, maybe see some of you there

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Not a great start to ownership but a commonish fault and easily sorted. Welcome and enjoy :)

Reaction score
Who would believe that after 44,000miles of trouble free motoring the new owner after an extensive test drive on some nice twisting roads near Silverstone gets on his way for the trip home to make it about 10miles and a misfire rears its ugly head.

Needless to say I felt terrible, guilty even if there was an underlying issue I wasn't aware of when I sold it. Fortunately it turned out to be something simple as he said, but being such a small community on here you like to know you've passed on the baton of ownership not only to someone who cares about cars, but that you've passed on a good 'un.

I'm missing it, especially having decent air-con as my Megane's is non-existent which seems to be a common issue on them.

Looking forward to reading about the Pure exhaust system, if its anything like their other products its going to be engendered to a very high standard.

Aaron.

Reaction score
Typical bad luck and one of those things.
Now driving superbly again and thanks again Aaron for coming to my breakdown and answering my questions during the following few days.

Aside from the teething problems I'm really enjoying it, well what little chance I've had to enjoy it so far!

Will keep you updated on the exhaust