Reaction score
Trophy No.
I was thinking just the other day that I needed to find this link again to have a nose around.

Reaction score
Colion

What rate springs have you fitted - are the rear coil over, or in the normal position?

regards

Reaction score
Hi George

They are sportlines so not sure of rates and in normal position.

After reading the latest regs I could have put coilovers on :evil:
regards Colin

Reaction score
A few updates and a list of events.
Also busy fitting a cage at the moment a bi'atch of a job, I didnt want to add one due to the weight but went for a half cage from Mr Fish.
Also waiting for my flocked dash to arrive, very WRC.

Reaction score
Cage now fitted also matched inlets from APD.

1st event this sat if anyones near Cadwell Park ! I cant wait, 6 months planning and spending :D

Reaction score
Great circuit - probably takes a while to learn it! How were your times? Looked as though there were several nasty damp/wet patches, even when not raining - but thank goodness for variable intermittent wiper speeds. What tyres were you on? You must be thrilled that the season has started again.

Reaction score
Hi George

Yes its a great circuit and as I did a track day about 18 months ago was a big help, indeed after the 1st timed run I was quicker than most including a single seater !! this was as they learned the track tho!! My best time was 118 secs ? not sure how this compares as there arnt that many events there.
It was dryish for the 1st practice then rained on and off all day and was only a small field of cars and only me in class 1B.
I run on T1R tyres as most of the clubs in the midlands/north are running to 1A much to my relief as the MSA decided to mess us around and allow 1a and 1b just 2 weeks before the 1st event. After most people protested the mSA allowed local clubs to specify 1a OR 1b.
The car handles very very well and was able to push as hard as in the dry, just changing up early from 2nd because of wheel spin and on the long run to Park I was doing 110 mph on my quickest run. Mark Fish set it up so, well worth the 12 hour round trip!
Next event is at 3 sisters my local track so wont have to be up at 4am although I will be going straight from a 12 hour night shift :?

How and when do you start your season?

Reaction score
Colin It is great to see some real speed, not something that happens on the hills - last time I really did anything like that was at CC. Amazing how good the Clios are in the wet - are you happy with the T1R's - what pressures are you running?
My first event is Wiscombe 24 & 25 April - in the meantime I am making the trip up to Warrington to get the DC5 remapped by TDI North on 29 & 30 March (it has had an extra board added to the ECU - Hondata K Pro - which is fully mappable, and can vary the Inlet cam advance for different rpm and throttle positions, as well as the V Tec point - popularly this ends up at about 4,500 on WOT and remains at 6,000 on part throttle - with big gains in mid range torque - we shall see as they say).

Best wishes and good luck at Three Sisters. .

Reaction score
Hi George
I ran the t1r at 29/26 and was happy at that so left them alone as the car has rear toe out after MF setup so just tried to get used to the set up.
After using pe2's I didn't think the t1r's would be as good in the wet but they do seem to be as good.
But the car is different so without back to back testing it's hard to say which is best.
I am only down the road from Warrington so may be able to pop down for a chat over a coffee while you get your remap done.
I will check what shift I am on.
Regards
Colin

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Your car is really starting to come together now Colin, looking good mate.

Why have you kept the rear seats in ?

Reaction score
Im still trying to get my head the tyre rules :?

I'll be making my debut at Wigan I'll be in 1c class...........

Reaction score
Johnny E said:
Im still trying to get my head the tyre rules :?

I'll be making my debut at Wigan I'll be in 1c class...........
Don't mention tyres I nearly packed it in when they said we could use 1bs as I had just bought 6 t1r and sold 888's grrr
See you at 3 sisters , what will you be in?

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Because I run in the road car class so I can only remove the carpets.

Whens your track debut?

I see..

Track debut is on 3rd May at Croft, cant wait :D