Reaction score
I've had #455 for nearly two and a half years now. It was my first hot hatch and I fell instantly & deeply in love with the well-matched performance & handling.

I always said it's a car I'll have forever, but more recently I've started thinking maybe it's time to move on and try something different.

I've just bought a BMW 330i touring as a (sensible?) family car but at the moment I'm seriously looking at classic Imprezas - something like a P1, RB5 or Type R - and if I do go down that road the T will have to go.

Anyone else in a similar position of wanting to keep their Trophy forever, but also wanting to try different & varied performance cars?

Reaction score
I've been tempted by others but find it hard to let the clio go :(

I'm currently looking for a cheap 4x4 for my work commute through the winter.

Reaction score
Ive had mine 2.5 years now and its time for a change for me very soon..............

Ash

Reaction score
329 from new, I guess we are getting less and less!! Probably keep the trophy and get something else to keep the miles down on trophy.

Reaction score
Mine is going nowhere! I have a few cars and she's the newest to the family. As some of my cars are classed as collectables I bought this one to have as a "Road Run" car and therefore not worrying too much about the milage. It's low anyway at 40k so I can afford to put some milage on it without effecting the future value (I'm hoping it eventually becomes a collectable) as I've only had it a couple of months and I live in the NE Scotland I've not had the chance to take it out properly but I can't wait until summer and heading off to the quiet and twisty West Coast roads for some fun!

Reaction score
Had mine 6 years now I've been looking but bang for buck what can match it?
I couldn't agree with you more, which is why I'm fairly certain that if I do go elsewhere I'll come back to Trophy ownership at some point in the future.

Maybe joining a club like P1 is the way forward - get to drive a range of performance classics but keep the Trophy at home. Is there a budget version of club P1?

Reaction score
Hmmm…. Tricky!

Had mine since June, but not particularly getting on with it I don't think. Might not be the forever purchase I'd imagined.
Finding the ride too harsh, and the power delivery not quite to my style (cammy nature more pronounced than I thought).

Having said that, It's bloomin' rapid point to point, and I do like the looks, and what it stands for. Luxurious for me too, given the other cars in the "fleet" (S1 Elise and 205 GTi 1.9)

Reaction score
Mines here to stay for the foreseeable future.

As others have said, I'm not sure what else I'd swap it for, at least not without spending three or four times its value.

Reaction score
Hmmm…. Tricky!

Had mine since June, but not particularly getting on with it I don't think. Might not be the forever purchase I'd imagined.
Finding the ride too harsh, and the power delivery not quite to my style (cammy nature more pronounced than I thought).

Having said that, It's bloomin' rapid point to point, and I do like the looks, and what it stands for. Luxurious for me too, given the other cars in the "fleet" (S1 Elise and 205 GTi 1.9)
My suggestion would be to swap out the standard springs for Eibach Sportlines - I've got a set you can try if you're not too far from me, and get it re-mapped so the 5.5k kick is levelled out a bit. I didn't enjoy that much but now it's so smooth all through the rev range albeit with an RS2.

Reaction score
How many of you guys have sub 50k or lower trophies?

I am really tempted to get back into the renault sport scene...

Reaction score
I'm planning on keeping mine for another 2-3 years then going for something smaller and less piratical for a year or so. Settle down after that and get a nice family car :)

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I'm still looking but when I get one it will be a second car to keep

Reaction score
My suggestion would be to swap out the standard springs for Eibach Sportlines - I've got a set you can try if you're not too far from me, and get it re-mapped so the 5.5k kick is levelled out a bit. I didn't enjoy that much but now it's so smooth all through the rev range albeit with an RS2.

Hi Claude!
Thanks for the suggestion! I'll do a bit of research into the Sportlines and the re-map and get back to you!
Thanks for the tip.

CHeers,
Mark F

Reaction score
I will probably keep mine for another year and then change it. Had it three years and I fancy something with more straight line performance. I really wish I could keep mine as a track toy but doubt I would be able to run two cars.

Reaction score
Hi Claude!
Thanks for the suggestion! I'll do a bit of research into the Sportlines and the re-map and get back to you!
Thanks for the tip.

CHeers,
Mark F

Best two things i've done to the car, retuner with 98 ron map makes the car alot more fun!