Reaction score
Steve,

I had a problem with my tickover which was running quite fast, so I took it to the Renault Stealers, I thought it might be the idle valve.... they put the car on the diagnostic computer and could not read my ECU. That is a K-Tec N group ECU, so I have found that it is detectable by Renault, in a fashion, fortunately the service manager is okay so he didn't make an issue about it. I havn't been back to K-Tec as I am too busy but I am sure they will sort it as they are good guys, as you found out !! I will take it back after the Angel Works input :twisted:
The full ITG induction kit is apparently causing the ECU a problem, re hot air in the engine bay......well thats what the tame stealer suggests. :-w

Cheers

Nigel

Reaction score
just a quickie on the acoustic valve,

sorry if its been talked about but is it a big job to take it out, what are the gains etc?

i'm looking at getting YozzaSport to do a few mods when they service it, would this be a worthwhile mod? braided brakelines and maybe a de-cat are in mind aswell

cheers :)

Reaction score
wow great read on the topic! nice to have lots of different views on it,sounds like a good idea and its a good price i was going to get mine at GDI? anyone been down there?

Reply to the milltek-im still waiting for delivery but i shall post some pics and write up on it as i didnt read much on here about them.milltek are well mae and prices are good

Group N will be done after i have fitted air filter/exhaust/matched inlets at GDI :wink:

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i'm now torn between a superchip and custom remap or just a custom remap... I've heard good things about superchips. The inlet manifold is a definate mod i'd recommend. Less than £300 and the difference is very noticable, I left an orange 182 FF for yesterday and he was trying, i just pulled away above 60mph, only other performance mod i've got at the mo is the ITG panel filter.

Reaction score
Cue said:
i'm now torn between a superchip and custom remap or just a custom remap... I've heard good things about superchips. The inlet manifold is a definate mod i'd recommend. Less than £300 and the difference is very noticable, I left an orange 182 FF for yesterday and he was trying, i just pulled away above 60mph, only other performance mod i've got at the mo is the ITG panel filter.

I've also heard good things about Superchips, although I have heard some not so good things about albeit on other cars, so I don't know whether it's worth taking into consideration?

I've heard nothing but praise for RSTuning tbh.

The inlet is another thing I may consider if I go down the remap route.

Reaction score
SpaceMonkey said:
Steve said:
Spacemonkey - the F4R peaks at about 6750rpm, very close to the factory set electronic limiter at 7250rpm, when you're using the engine properly it's all too easy to run into the limiter occasionally when there's still some useful revs left, at 7750rpm this doesn't seem to happen as you naturally change up when it feels right. You don't have to abandon a gear at peak power, you will find you're losing some power output, as it will be lower at the same road speed in the gear below. If you want to do that - fine but might as well slot it in fifth and save fuel. :lol:

If the engine is producing peak power @ 6750rpm then surely revving it much beyond that is revving it for revving sake? If you change before 7K you still drop back into the meat of the power delivery from 5K+.

I can understand perhaps touching the limiter as I said mid or exiting a corner, but I've never clipped the limiter in mine. You can hear when you are close & change or back off accordingly.

Not having a go, it's interesting to read someone else's view & compare it to your own findings & experiences.

To be honest, it's not worth going beyond that on the road, it's better to drive smoothly and not rag the shit out of the engine, after all it's not a Honda V-Tec. On the track though I would think hanging on to a gear that offers 160bhp at 7250rpm would be better than changing up where you have only 130bhp at 5000rpm, then when you do change up you've got slightly more power.

Reaction score
Just pitching in another point with all the discussion about remaps and custom remaps etc - a custom remap is as discussed previously a map that is loaded that takes into consideration any mods you may have done or may do in the future, however - and i may be wrong here - what people are talking about with regards to custom remaps, mods and rolling roads is known as a 'live map' i.e. its specific to your car, they do before and after power runs and can actually tailor parts of the map to suit your car and tweak parts of it to remove any flat spots etc.

That was my understanding of the difference between a custom remap and a live map but like i said previously - i could be wrong ;)

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I've heard of the 'live map' - how you've described it is what i would classify as a custom map. The former just being a remap (based on assumptions).

Reaction score
the guys at GDI are good so will most prob go for the GP N and inlets

live maps are very good tho was going to do that with the subaru sti :) not cheap tho!

milltek arrived this morning wow what great quality look fantastic anyone thinking of one its a great system looks perfect just cant wait till tomorrow when i fit it! also buying a de-cat as we speak! anyway i can get the light to stay off when its done? with my last Cup i didnt care too much i do now tho with the trophy :?

Reaction score
got the milltek on today fitted it myself and a friend :shock: was a little hard but got it done

just for others that are hoping to fit a aftermarket exhaust i had the cut it in half near the rear beam. all i used was some ramps and a saw the bit that was hard was the Bell type clamp that they use on the cat :evil:

but all done looks and sounds great not as loud as i thought the milltek would be but gives a great rumble deep but no rasp at all when the de cat is fitted will change the tone a little.

just hanging a little low i shall pop down my local ATS get them on it :wink: