Reaction score
Had a bit of spare time on my hands yesterday so took the Clio out for a blat last night.

After a while turned the ESP off. Wow! Transforms the car!

Acceleration has more bite as does the handling.

The car is brilliant without the Esp on. Just shows how well sorted the chassis set up is!

Had an SLK 55 AMG on my tail thru a series of bends and roundabouts late last night and without incriminating myself too much, he had NO chance. He couldn't look at me as he pulled along side me at a set of lights in the end.

My ESP was off, his 80k motor had every computer known to man trying to keep his car on the road and he didn't get near me!

Goes to reinforce my belief that the Trophy is a "real world" supercar.

Reaction score
I have found that for hill climbing, dry or wet turning it off is worth 1 - 1.5 secs in 50!! Does make rather a lot of noise as traction comes and goes, butmuch more rpecise and the car is sufficiently forgiving to keep one out of too much trouble. Just have to remember to turn it of on the start line.

Reaction score
Car is very forgiving as I found out earlier yesterday whilce exiting a corner! The girlfriend was not amused!!

Reaction score
trophy176 said:
Car is very forgiving as I found out earlier yesterday whilce exiting a corner! The girlfriend was not amused!!

Know the feeling mate! Get the silent treatment did you?!

With ESP off the car feels like my old 106 GTi but with more power! Love the way the front wheels take the power and transmit it thru the steering but without too much torque steer!

Reaction score
Must admit I ve only noticed the torque steer on a couple of occasions rest of the time I think the car manages really well.

She wants me to fit a cg lock to her seat!! Bought one ages ago but yet to fit it. I seem to stay pretty well seated in the Recaro's!

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
ESP really slows you down on track, i don't tend to turn it off on the road as you can seriously breaking the speed limit with it on, so no need to turn it off. plus now that ice could be on the road it's a good life saver if your half asleep.

Reaction score
trophy176 said:
Must admit I ve only noticed the torque steer on a couple of occasions rest of the time I think the car manages really well.

She wants me to fit a cg lock to her seat!! Bought one ages ago but yet to fit it. I seem to stay pretty well seated in the Recaro's!

Yeah the recaros are great. I had a CTR with recaros and found that they were uncomfortable and the driving position was even more strange than that of the Clio! The trophy's really support your hips mid bend.

Reaction score
Cue said:
ESP really slows you down on track, i don't tend to turn it off on the road as you can seriously breaking the speed limit with it on, so no need to turn it off. plus now that ice could be on the road it's a good life saver if your half asleep.

Good point about the roads this time of year. The Esp seems to noticeably impede the acceleration in 1st and second. Its hard to explain....Everything feels sharper with it off.

Reaction score
artdealer said:
Easy tiger. I might buy you a roll cage for Christmas!

Hahaha! Lol! Thats very generous of you Steve! No wonder you feel as tho you're the Trophy charity! When can i come and pick it up!?!? 24th December???

G

I've turned it off automatically as soon as I get in from day one. No need for it 99% of the time.

Reaction score
I never seem to notice it on road most of time, unless I am making a bit of an effort on a roundabout to induce some play. I've found the ESP gives me plenty of chance to make minor corrections with steering / throttle before it decides it should have it's turn at saving my life. Its the least intrusive ESP equipped car I've driven.

Reaction score
Yeah i've noticed you gotta be trying hard for the esp to come on! unlike my old ibiza cupra where it would flash and cut the power at just the thought of you putting your foot down

Reaction score
mine will be off thursday and the dampers clicked up...Brands Hatch trackday...cant wait! :D

don't turn it off much on the road though, especially in this sort of weather, you never know when you will hit a wet/icy patch!