Reaction score
I know it's not a Trophy, but I respect & prefer this place to CS tbh.

The front PE's on my 182 are well....... shot would be a good word.
There is only about 1mm of tread above the wear indicators & I can feel they are past their peak performance. Here lies the dilemma.

PE's are roughly £100 per corner fitted through my tried & tested tyre contact, where as Paradas are £80 a corner fitted.
So do I spend £200 on 2 front PE's or spend another £120 & have 4 new tyres?

Also, this is a daft question & I know I should be shot for asking, but are my tyres illegal below the wear indicators or do I have a couple of mm grace?

Thanks in advance
Lee :wink:

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Think it's 1.6 mm across the centre, so below the markers, i think, but others have said performance goes out of the window well before this.

Reaction score
No, if they're down to the wear indicators then they're illegal, this is what the markers are for,

Get PE2's, shop around, you will get them for less than £100 each, CostCo i've heard are the cheapest, £80 each?

I'm a great believer in sticking with the tyres the chassis was designed for, if you've got track suspension then fit track tyres, otherwise stick with what is known to everybody as a great all-round tyre.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
What depth are the markers then? I thought you had some leeway.

Reaction score
Steve said:
No, if they're down to the wear indicators then they're illegal, this is what the markers are for,

Get PE2's, shop around, you will get them for less than £100 each, CostCo i've heard are the cheapest, £80 each?

I'm a great believer in sticking with the tyres the chassis was designed for, if you've got track suspension then fit track tyres, otherwise stick with what is known to everybody as a great all-round tyre.

:cry: Expensive weekend ahoy then.

There isn't a CostCo locally tbh Steve & by the time I'd have them collected/sent & paid for fitting & balancing it would work out roughly the same too :?

I've had no probs with the PE's tbh, but fancied trying the Yokos. I even had a set of Parada's waiting for the CTR before I sold it.

Decisions decisions

Reaction score
hoolio said:
http://www.safermotoring.co.uk/ChoosingTyres.html

The wear indicators are a sign that your tyres are about to become illegal. Sorry to be pedantic. :wink:

:lol: Picky git.

Thanks for the info though mate ;)

Decided I'll give the Parada's a whirl. I don't really drive in the wet & also means I will have 2 very good condition PE's as spares should the worst happen (Fingers crossed, touch wood).

I'll let you know how they feel after a couple of hundred miles :wink:

Reaction score
g40steve said:
What do you mean, you don't drive on wet roads????

Must live in a different country to the rest of us :D

Read it again properly mate :wink:

But I know what your getting at, the car is only really used @ weekends & occasionally in the week.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i like to get reports on people trying different tyres, I liked the Yoko A539's, they weren't as good in the wet but there's not alot that are.

George runs Hancooks I believe - he's posted some good reports on them. Stick some TOYO's on possibly, they've had good reports.

Reaction score
Cue said:
i like to get reports on people trying different tyres, I liked the Yoko A539's, they weren't as good in the wet but there's not alot that are.

George runs Hancooks I believe - he's posted some good reports on them. Stick some TOYO's on possibly, they've had good reports.

I should have em on Saturday morning & will be nicely bedding in after my jaunt to Northampton.

Toyo's won't suit imo especially after going from the PE's. The sidewalls are too soft on the Toyo for the Clio imo.

Reaction score
Stick to the PE2s.. no point in having a great car with crap(ish) tyres.

Go for myTyres.co.uk - you'll get them delivered really quickly and you can fit them on the weekend. Plus at £80 they're similar to the Paradas - you only need to pay to fit them.

Cheers
O.

Reaction score
Cheers Theo & Ollie for the ideas & comments :wink:

I'm gonna see what he can do on the PE's when I speak to him tomorrow.

Ollie - I DEFO need before travelling up the M1 tbh mate. I'm not sure mytyres would get them here in time.

Reaction score
In the same boat as you monkey! where are the paradas for £80 fitted? I'll be after some soon. and whats the wisdom on different tyres front and rear, as I only need a front two?

Reaction score
Not sure i'd agree with Ollie's comment on the Parada's being crap(ish) tyres - i've heard very good things about them. I'm sure someone on here went from PE2's to Parada's - Jzink maybe? Possible that they could give you their opinion on the two different tyres.

Personally i'd be inclined to stick with the PE2's and would agree with Steve's comments above about the chassis and tyre match up.

What about going for 2 Parada's and see what you think of them? If they aint up to scratch you could always punt them on here or cliosport - and if they are good you've saved a few quid and can think about getting another two in a while.

Just my thoughts n ramblings :)

Reaction score
Cool Hand Luke said:
Not sure i'd agree with Ollie's comment on the Parada's being crap(ish) tyres

In my personal opinion the PE2s are perfect.. so there is no point in compromising, especially to save a few quid here and there.

Multiply how many miles you get out of your tyres: (you're likely to get more from the PE2s than Paradas from memory as they're a softer compound, but this fact notwithstanding) saving £20ish pounds for a tyre that will cover 10,000 miles over its lifetime is just false economy (that's 0.002p per mile).

Why compromise 0.002p per mile to buy Paradas if the PE2s are generally regarded as better?

Just my two cents...

O.

Reaction score
PPTom said:
who can say they are better? anyone tried both?

I've had (not on the Trophy): Pradas, ContiSport Contact 2 & 3, GoodYear F1, Dunlop Sports, Toyos and Bridgestone S02 & S03. Of all of these the PE2s in my opinion have proven to be fantastic. The car really does seem made for them.

O.

Reaction score
All I can compare are PE2's and worn PE2's. So all I can say is the Trophy is utterly dependent on decent grip, after the fronts got near the indicators the handling was a joke, especially in the wet. If you've still not driven your Trophy with new PE2's I suggest you go out and get some pronto, it will feel like a different car, unbelievable grip for what are pretty hard-wearing road tyres. I just wouldn't bother with anything else, if it ain't broke...