Reaction score
Around 7.30 this morning (still dark) I was driving along merrily at 40-45mph when suddenly my front, right tire hit something huge. It felt like it went over an open man-hole or a very deep ditch but when I reversed to check what it was it turned out to be a bl**dy brick lying in the middle of the f***ing road. :x :x The car seems fine cosmetically and the tire also seems fine but do you guys think it could have affected the damper/suspension in any way? I presume the brick was lying flat on its side as nothing hit the bumper but the tire pretty much hit it dead on. It was a big hit.
The alignment has probably gone off a little but I'm booked in for a 12 month service in two weeks time with tracking also being done too. Should I be worried and get it checked out before that or am I just being paranoid about my pride and joy?

Also would there be anything else underneath the car that I need to worry about that could have been affected by part of the brick exploding as I drove over it?

Many thanks
asim

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Ew, sorry to hear that, hopefully a lot of the energy was absorbed by the brick breaking. I think i've just about perfected the "Trophy weave" avoiding all but the smallest pebble i'm that paranoid. I think if you just take it easy till your service and then mention it to the guys at rentec.

Reaction score
Thanks hoolio. I just took it to show to my dads mate who's a mechanic and he said the track rod is bent. :( I'm not driving it anymore until the service date. Don't really want a half chewed tire.

I just hope nothings bent in the suspension dept. :cry:

Reaction score
hoolio said:
Ew, sorry to hear that, hopefully a lot of the energy was absorbed by the brick breaking. I think i've just about perfected the "Trophy weave" avoiding all but the smallest pebble i'm that paranoid. I think if you just take it easy till your service and then mention it to the guys at rentec.

where does it say the brick broke?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Er last paragraph, i think "brick exploding" means it broke. :)

Reaction score
oh yeah :oops: ....although i'm sure the brick actually "imploded"...lol

best check the fuel and brake lines as well... they are exposed and run the length of the car's underside

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
:( i did this in the 330 and it meant a new wheel and tyre. I'm sure you can claim of the council as it's their responsibility to make sure the roads are kept up to a good state.

I know people that have claimed for tar and pot hole damage to their cars..

Reaction score
Still sitting in my garage since the day it happened. :( Spoke to RenTech about it with whome I have a service booked for this Friday and was told its most likely the lower arm thats bent from the impact. I was also assured it should come out of this ok and back to 100%. We'll just have to wait and see. [-o< All the work will be carried out by RenTech.
Can't take any time off work to go down to Portsmouth so i'm going to call in sick on the day. :lol:

Also I get to drive my dads A8 to and from work. :D Like a kid having his tonsils taken out gets to eat all the ice cream he wants. :wink:

Reaction score
12 month service complete, braided hoses fitted. And as for the damage from the brick, well there wasn't any :D :D :D . Turns out that I was worrying over nothing. :oops: :? . Tracking was also fine. Great day out at the coast with gf too. Hopefully will be visiting Mike again in another 12 months.