Reaction score
As per title?

I honestly can't see myself selling the little bugger. Took it for a blast on some newly discovered B roads recently and was still absolutley gobsmacked at how bloody good it is. :D

I bought a Boxster S six months ago and even though it's a brilliant car, unless you're a properly good driver the T will muller it cross country (straight line is a different proposition like). It' safe to say this will go the journey before the clio.

Anyone else in for the long haul?

Reaction score
Definitely! :D

I was originally after a 182 Cup (not knowing much about Trophys) then I saw a lovely Trophy in the PH classifieds a mere 20mins drive away (quite something given I was expecting to have to drive several hundred miles down to England for a car) so I thought it must be fate! :p

When I clapped eyes on #110 a few days later I was smitten and driving her home was one of the most exciting days ever! My Trophy is a bit of a garage queen and in my 50 weeks of ownership I've covered a smidge over 2500miles, so it'll remain nice for years to come providing I continue to take good care (goes without saying!).

Depending on my funds/employment when I graduate next year I may well buy something a little faster (*cough classic Impreza!*) and SORN the Trophy (safe storage space isn't a problem) but the idea of selling is not even on the radar! :D

Reaction score
Not picked up my Trophy yet, so definitely no plans to sell it :mrgreen:

keo

Reaction score
had mine for about 15 months now, no plans to ever sell it

Reaction score
Well I didn't have plans selling mine.... but sadly sold it! still miss the roar from the engine, the R26 I replaced it with is equally good but no noise! bloody turbo. But needed a slightly bigger car as we both had small cars, partner has lupo gti

would happily own one again though!

Reaction score
Had mine from new, made a few tweaks to give it a bit more pace but I honestly can't see me ever getting rid.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Everytime I open the garage door and see the Trophy it makes me happy :D. If this ever ceases to happen it's time to sell.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Portland said:
Yup, personal plate went on at first reg and no plans to move it...

Where about's are you from mate?

BenG said:
Everytime I open the garage door and see the Trophy it makes me happy :D. If this ever ceases to happen it's time to sell.

Same, love looking at it, love driving it. I keep looking at other cars then get back in the Trophy and I change my mind.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Portland said:
Feirny said:
Portland said:
Yup, personal plate went on at first reg and no plans to move it...

Where about's are you from mate?

Just down the road in Swinton - not a Trophy specific plate or anything, but there's not a lot of us around anyway :D

It's you everyone goes on about then! I work at Cortonwood and people keep saying they've seen me in Swinton.

There's 4 Trophys in Donny, but none acknowledge me.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
its not the quickest car in the world, it's not the highest quality one either nor the most frugal or prestigious but it brings a smile to my face like no other. Caterhams, Nobels etc may do the same thing in so many ways better but none has the all round usability of the T.

It's like a Rocky fight, everyone likes the underdog.

Had mine since day one, still love it like the day i bought it 6 years ago, all I have to do is not drive it for a week and after a mile or two I still have the same feeling that I'd regret letting it go.

Reaction score
Ours has been in family since new. Its had the dampers done, belts replaced and is fantastic to drive - why would we sell!!

Reaction score
(Just) managed to buy my first house without having to sell the T. Soo glad I decided to keep it and wait a little longer for the house. No plans to sell in the next few years.

Reaction score
Had mine for 5+ years now. Never planning to sell it. I can safely say, in 10 years time it will still be in my garage even if I never use it again. Its like a trophy on the fireplace to me :lol:

Reaction score
The most fun you can have on three wheels and i doubt there will ever be anything similar for the money. Have no plans to sell, it's my only car at the moment. I should be doing the sensible thing and getting a diesel because originally i planned to do about 6000 miles max a year, it's now nearer 15000 but that would be boring! Long live the trophy and all she stands for!