Reaction score
Asim, That looks so familiar - glad that you are pleased - did you go fro the perfect idle cams, or the slightly 'lopier' ones?

Reaction score
Same as yours george, its lopy enough even when retarded a tad lol, the ecu took a little while to get used to the new idle and anti stall settings for the short term trim tables.

Cue, the diff is slight retardation of the inlet cam to reduce overlap and smooth out idle, the ECU's are super sensitive to inlet manifold pressure fluctuations and too much overlap will have the ecu thinking you have the throttle open a tad and it will automcatically keep trying to close the FBW throttle.

The oil comes from the cam cover when we take the cams out.

I'm glad you like the new urgency Asim, and the bonnet switch is on order.

Reaction score
Ben, just for your info and everyone else's, the idle on mine is at least as stable as stock, which is excellent.

Reaction score
Thanks for posting. How much for the cams and fitting?

Hoolio - what are you having done this week? A little treat of some sort ;)

Reaction score
Well, its a drive in/drive out package for Cams, inlet, remap, labour, gaskets, seals, new cam studs and bolts (they use special high tensile bolts) so on and so forth.

£1630 all inc.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Cool Hand Luke said:
Hoolio - what are you having done this week? A little treat of some sort ;)

Oh yes, a very big treat, more than I can afford really, fitting of the Orbisoud, which should be mid channel as I type, inlet and remap. I really cannot wait :)

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hopefully I'll sound very good :) Not really sure what to expect in terms of gains, it seems to have been quite successful in all the trophy's that have been done, I just wish I'd got round to doing a rr at some point.

Reaction score
As far as i can gather , they should just be heading out of Calais at the moment! :D

Reaction score
I have had - custom exhaust, manifold match, itg and remap.

Cant believe difference, car is much much quicker now and pulls like a train in all gears.

I often drive up to Scotland and on twisty roads, in the right gear it is near fantastic.

Very happy at mo.

I am considering the cams but will probably get breaks done instead. Also considering evo 8 GSR 260 - chip and exhaust gives 300 brake 300 pound of torque - hmmm. Or one of these

Attachments

• kawa ninja.jpg
    kawa ninja.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 294
Reaction score
evo's are great, but you'll honestly get so tired of driving it daily with the fuel consumption and nannying it needs. I dont ever drive my scoob as 27mpg on a run at 60mph aint worth it.........my 328 does 38mpg!

Bike................so long as you can avoid things well, nothing will compare.

Reaction score
don't get an evo 8 260...please!

you will be forever asking yourself why, when a normal evo is so much better and looks so much better!

Reaction score
Is the evo 260 that bad!! Heard you need to get it serviced every 6k.

At present Trophy is only being driven at weekends, so fuel is not an issue.

Very tempted with a bike but probably would get a 99/00 R6 as insurance on Ninja is crazy - 2000 tpft!

Reaction score
7MAT said:
Any of you guys with the cams going to FSC this weekend?

Would love to see the goods before I part with any cash.

I'll be there Matt but I don't think you'll be able to see much unless we open the engine up. :lol: We can go for a drive though so you can feel the difference they make.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
asim said:
7MAT said:

I'll be there Matt but I don't think you'll be able to see much unless we open the engine up. :lol: We can go for a drive though so you can feel the difference they make.

Bagsy a passenger ride also :)

Reaction score
asim said:
7MAT said:

Thanks, that would be appreciated. :lol: