Reaction score
For sale is my Trophy, no 434. The car is currently on 56k.

The car has 2 previous owners (myself included). I’ve owned it for the last 18 months and 13,000 miles.

The car has a full service history, with the last service at Mark Fish Motorsport coming in at £1,700 in August 2012 to cover a thorough overhaul of the car. Invoice detailing work is available on request, and needless to say the car has felt faultless ever since, and sailed through its last MOT with no advisories.

I’ve tried to keep the car in as original spec as possible, with the only upgrades to: (i) the car now runs on Michelin PS3s, (ii) front brake discs upgraded to Brembo and front pads upgraded to Mintex 1144, (iii) steering wheel has been professionally re-trimmed in black perforated leather, (iv) stereo upgraded to Pioneer DEH-8400BT which includes Bluetooth and handsfree (original OEM stereo will be included in the sale), (v) wiper stalk conversion (original wiper stalk will be included in the sale).

2 key areas: belts and dampers. Belts were replaced prior to my ownership, and were checked again 12 months ago at which point the dephaser pulley was also replaced. The dampers have not yet been refurbished, largely because when they were checked at the last service and MOT they were fine and there’s been no deterioration since. Given the new price competition from Cornering Force over BG Motorsport, the cost of getting these done isn’t as bad as it used to be, and the ~£350 or so this will eventually cost the new owner is built into the reduced asking price.

In my time, the car’s never been tracked, with the mileage largely coming from a combination of London driving, French trips, blasts across Wales and the Yorkshire moors. Those of you reading this far will know of Harry Metcalfe’s recent Evo Youtube video of his car, and the latest Evo issue listing the Trophy as a future icon likely to hold its value.

I rationalised my purchase 18 months ago as a one car does all: small and nippy for city life, a hoot around B roads, virtually depreciation proof, isofix points in the back…. It’s a cliché, but baby forces sale, and we need something just a little bigger. Even so, I’d have kept the car for weekends were it not that we only have 1 garage and this now needs to house the 5 door Mk5 R32 which will eventually replace her.

Bad points are all cosmetic: there’s a slight scuff to the nearside front bumper, 2 stone chips to paintwork, the wheels could do with refurbing, and there’s a slight tear in the driver’s seat. These are all minor cosmetic points – new baby means not yet had chance to fix.

HPI clear with no finance or accident history. Car currently located in South East London.

Looking to advertise on the forum for a few days to give the car a chance of going to a decent home.

£5,995.

Please PM me, email at gg_walters@hotmail.com or call on 07766 332408 if you have any questions. I have plenty of pics I can send through.

Gareth

Reaction score
The car was MOT'd yesterday. Back brake discs and pads replaced with standard Renault items. No advisories.

Price will be reduced to £5,650 this weekend.