Reaction score
Hi guys hope you are all enjoying slippery roads in the Trophy, I am and as you can see I am clocking miles up. Bought Trophy in March with11500miles and now on 22000 (plus now as just drove to Edinburgh).

However, as much as I am enjoying the drive and car the wee red devil has started to fall apart!!! In all honesty not too bad but gear gate leather part has snapped and now sits out of place; black surround on exhaust has gone; passenger seat is rattling more than ever and finally front splitter came off (then some gutter leaper triedto steal remains).

All bits are getting replaced in the new year but is anyone else suffering this too?

Reaction score
hmm not good, get it to Renault asap under warrenty.

Reaction score
Not trying to be negative but paper is worth more than that warranty agreement.

Plastics like the exhaust and gear lever will be termed something like consumables!!! Owner own risk/responsibility!!

Will try though.

Reaction score
yeh know what you mean Renault can be bastards :(

good luck :)

Reaction score
trophy176 said:
Hi guys hope you are all enjoying slippery roads in the Trophy, I am and as you can see I am clocking miles up. Bought Trophy in March with11500miles and now on 22000 (plus now as just drove to Edinburgh).

However, as much as I am enjoying the drive and car the wee red devil has started to fall apart!!! In all honesty not too bad but gear gate leather part has snapped and now sits out of place; black surround on exhaust has gone; passenger seat is rattling more than ever and finally front splitter came off (then some gutter leaper triedto steal remains).

All bits are getting replaced in the new year but is anyone else suffering this too?

Are you staying up in Edinburgh? If so where about?

Reaction score
I had a problem with mine falling apart at around the 32K mark, but my engine was the thing that failed! Again, renault claimed it was not a warranty issue.

Reaction score
Over in Oxgangs but picking someone up in Musselburgh in an hour!!

To replace gear gaitor do you need to remove gear knob?

Splitter is a right rip off.

Been hanging around Megane forum recently and a lot of people are very peed off about the r26 recall supposedly some delaers have impounded vehicles for up to 4 weeks while they figure out what to do or even how to repair fault!! Crazy.

Reaction score
trophy176 said:
Over in Oxgangs but picking someone up in Musselburgh in an hour!!

Been hanging around Megane forum recently and a lot of people are very peed off about the r26 recall supposedly some delaers have impounded vehicles for up to 4 weeks while they figure out what to do or even how to repair fault!! Crazy.

Im from Musselburgh :p

Reaction score
I've just clocked past 22,000. All good so far :D *Touch Wood*

Reaction score
25k on mine and not bad, but I'm sure the passenger door trim rattle is getting worse, sounds a lot worse than my 206gti did with 75k on, and I thought Renault were meant to be the quality french car (if one does actually exist). I think the car may shake itself to bits over time.

Reaction score
trophy176 said:

Don't worry, the gaiter is only 7 quid and it can go over the gear knob then it zips up with a zip tie from underneath. I actually snapped the cereal box tabs off the gaiter while fitting my new gear knob. Have you thought about doing this? The standard one is pretty nasty and it won't be long before the top surface peels off and the sticky rubber underneath really upsets you.

Buy a K-Tec carbon fibre splitter, it costs half as much and is much nicer, not at all chavvy in my opinion.

Reaction score
mine has done 37,000 and is still ok. not getting a 36,000 service as i refuse to pay due to the fact i have part exed this car in in AUG last year. been waiting for ever for my new car.

i am also hanging around the megane forums as i hopefully pick a brand new r26 in white with black wheels and lux pack at the end of Jan.

Reaction score
Yeah all ready replaced the gear knob that was a bloody nightmare to fix!

White r26 with black wheels looks awesome but think I am going to get an impreza wrx estate. Was offerred an r26 08 plate for 16500 last week when I had a look at new clio cup.

Megane seems better built or rather more sturdy than clio.

Yeah think I m going to purchase a k-tec splitter.