Tyre Foam

Reaction score
Just a quickie. I do not seem to have any of these lovely aerosols in the Trophy.

Do I have to get special Renault ones or is there a better option? Preferably not "Get a spare :lol: "

Reaction score
Never actually used the Renault stuff, although I did use a can of holts tyre weld the other week and it was brilliant, easy to use and no mess.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Thankfully I've never had to use this.
Is the tyre still usable afterwards or is it a get-you-home measure.

I would be pissed if I had to use it on a brand new Michelin

Reaction score
No no I don't have a puncture!

I just don't have any aerosols in the car :)

Reaction score
It's just deigned to get you home. I imagine the puncture could still be repaired after its been used?

Reaction score
ed55j said:
It's just deigned to get you home. I imagine the puncture could still be repaired after its been used?

It probably could but no-one will touch it, consider the tyre a write off.

However I've used the tyre weld once and ran it for 6 months so it's good stuff. :lol:

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
ed55j said:

In most cases it can be but the tyre has to be cleaned and I also think the item that caused the puncture has to be removed before using the foam otherwise it welds the item to the tyre and it's time for a new one.

Generally though I don't think many people touch it as it's a messy job to clean them up.