Trophy in Oxfordshire

Reaction score
I frequently see a Clio Trophy driving through Standlake in Oxon the village I live in during commuting hours. I often admire it is the owner on here?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
May be me, I come into work in Northmoor via Abingdon? What do you Drive?

Reaction score
Hey Hoolio, sounds right direction, I always seem to see you just past Rose Revived bridge heading in as I head towards Oxford. I'm normally in an E350 AMG Sport or Mini Cooper S JCW both silver/grey. I keep looking for a Trophy to buy, so always perks my day up when you go past! The car looks great, I can't believe your working in Northmoor and I failed to notice, not the biggest villages ;-)

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Not a bad little combi there yourself. Flash next time, I come in from Benson and I tend to zone into nothing but driving and also by that time I'm super irritated by the snail pace progress of many.

Reaction score
That route in either direction does little to inspire goodwill, crazy busy now for small B road.

I really love the JCW, wheels out on each corner great feel in the steering, and your backside. Great control weights and pedal feel and super responsive particularly when over 2750rpm and supercharger is waking up.. But .. It's not a trophy and everything you read tells you a trophy is where it's at.

On paper similar top speed (like that matters), but same 0-60, JCW has more BHP but more weight so that gain is removed.. If ever you fancy a comparison let me know would love to try them back to back. I know a great deal of road response and control is in the SACHs but the mini isn't clumsy.

Id keep the mini long term but constantly have a feeling if it's as good as it is and the Trophy is rated as being so much better I must really be missing out!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Trophy No.
That is a great bit road, good fun early in the morning with no traffic but i guess the holes that appear in the hedges on a pretty frequent basis mean a lot of people get it wrong.
The T is in need of a little bit of tlc, new springs, tyres and dampers to fit amongst other things. Once that is done we can have a little shootout.