Reaction score
Well I've been lurking around this forum for a while now so I guess its time to say hello properly. I've owned a string of French hot hatches over the past few years (2 205s, a 306, and a Xsara VTS) and had fancied a Trophy since they first came out but I don't tend to buy until cars are a few years old so now seemed the right time. I joined early August as I wanted to check the history of any potential purchases. I soon found no 399 which was in good condition and made a deal to buy it from Rhodri (Rhod_399) near Neath.

The car has performed well so far, the handling and performance are definitely as good as I had hoped and I still can't help but look back at it after every drive.

Soon after buying it the car developed a loud rumble from the rear passenger area, my local garage (whose owner I know & trust) identified it as a wheel bearing and changed it. At the same time they also spotted that I had snapped the rear spring, so that was changed. However, I noticed last week that the car did not quite sit right and a quick check confirmed that the spring they've fitted was incorrect (I think its a 182 as opposed to Cup/ Trophy spring).

I've also now got one (possibly both) front wheel bearings rumbling so these will also need attention at the same time. The car is going back in on Tuesday to resolve these faults, so if anyone has the Renault rear spring part no. it would be handy to make sure that they order the correct one.

Despite the issues I'm really enjoying ownership so far and plan to keep it for a long time!

Reaction score
I think the rear spring part number is 8200342862 However I would double check that before ordering. Also If you've cracked one spring, its best to do them in pairs!

Can't help with the other bits though!