Reaction score
The whole point of the limited droop on the rear suspension is to lift a wheel clear of the road to kill understeer, works quite effectively I think.

Reaction score
Steve said:
It's not that easy to do in daily driving because you have to enter a corner with a lot of speed and turn in really aggressively

Not really... this was in 1st gear and about 15mph tops...

IMG_9401resized.jpg

Reaction score
oh my %@!#!!!

mad pic, must try that with my mom in the car, she gets twitchy at 15mph in a straight line lol!

great scenery, that carnt have been in warwickshire lol :?:

Reaction score
Excellent pic, I hope you looked both ways before pulling out of that junction!

Reaction score
!??!?!?!?!?!?! What an INSANE photo!!!! Well done capturing it... and keeping it sharp! Wow!

Reaction score
I trusted the photographer to tell me it was clear :wink:

It was in north Wales, near the infamous evo triangle. Lovely weather yesterday too, although very cold if you weren't in the sun.

Another pic, but not on 3 wheels:

IMG_9227resized.jpg

And the group shot:

IMG_9418resized.jpg

Reaction score
Stunning photo. 2 DC2's, an M3 Evo and an RX-7, what fun you must have had, did you chop and change at all?

Going to try out the EVO triangle this Easter, can't wait and hoping for weather like that. My brakes might have stopped squealing by then too.

Reaction score
great three wheeling photo CA :)
A superb group of cars, must have been great fun.

Reaction score
Yeah, had a go in the white ITR and the M3.

ITR feels much more like a sports car than the Clio, because you sit much lower. The wheelbase is longer and it's not as nose heavy. As a result It doesn't have to resort to hugely stiff front dampers to control the car, so it's actually quite relaxing compared to a Trophy! I guess you could say it's more 'pure' to drive.

You do notice a lack of torque though - it doesn't feel anything like as thuggish as the Trophy. VTEC is good fun but when you're not in the mood and just want to make progress without caning it, it feels a bit limp. The LSD is the party piece though - turn into a bend keenly, get on the throttle and it really starts to haul you towards the apex - so much so that you have to wind off a bit of lock. It's not an aggressive or traditional 'which way is it going to go next' torque-steer feeling though, it's wonderfully mechanical and encourages you to play with it via the throttle.

The M3 is now 19 years old, so my expectations of a hard-edged road-racer were not met, sadly. The bodyshell felt surprisingly flexy and it was much softer and more refined than I expected. I could still keep up with its owner (who was driving my car), but I was having to concentrate a lot to do so! Left hand drive, dog-leg box and a non-adjustable driving position... it's still a lovely, iconic car but (and I hate to say this) it felt much older than I expected.

Getting back into the Clio was a revelation - it felt bang up to date, hyper-alert and ready for anything. Which was just as well as I took the owner of the black ITR out for a spin round the triangle - was too busy talking and not concentrating 100% and had one of those "this bend is a bit tight for 80 and we're understeering ever so slightly for the verge" moments... :shock: No danger of going off but it, er, concentrated the mind for the rest of the drive!

Oh, and the Clio makes an excellent camera car for a photographer sat in the boot:

IMG_9346resized.jpg

:wink:

Reaction score
Looks like you had some real fun CA, nice write-up on the cars, you just know for all their shortcomings, the owners of the E30 M3 and Integra would never trade their car's in for a Clio, same as we find it hard to replace our shopping rockets with something else. It's always how I feel when I get into something 'nice' now, it's a bit softer and slower than I imagined. I don't think any car demands that you drive it hard as much as the Trophy, it just seems to taunt you if you drive it too sedately.

I often wondered if the DC2's lack of torque relative to it's weight would make it feel a bit slow when not above 6000 revs, probably the reason I'd get a DC5 if I was to get one, because they are much quicker, even though the DC2 is a better driver's car and looks more grown up than the TFTF DC5. Trouble is then you might as well get an S2000, cheaper to insure, RWD and quicker still.

Back on topic, when is Audrey going to post up her picture of Nik on two wheels?

Reaction score
trophy176 said:
Excellent pic lads where is the evo triangle exactly?

Here we go. Make the meeting this Easter and I'll meet you there.

Attachments

• The evo Triangle.jpg
    The evo Triangle.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 655

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I'll be here from easter sat aft - easter sunday aft. although i'm playing golf on the sunday morning i think.... could have a mini trophy meet.

Attachments

• map.GIF
    map.GIF
    96.1 KB · Views: 643
Reaction score
Bugger! Would have loved to attend this during Easter :( I will be in Cyprus driving our 'summer car' (9-5 2.0t Estate) so no fun for me!!!! :( :(

O.