Reaction score
I have been looking through posts and at few photos of calipers that have been painted on here. I think it finishes the car off perfectly but i notice quite a lot of people reckon they would be better left standard.

Just like to know what peoples veiws were on doing it.

Cheers Elliott.

Reaction score
Got for it, I'm getting mine done soon hopefully and it does finish it off :)

Reaction score
Definatly does!! I washed it today in the beautiful sunshine....yes sunshine. Stood back from it and thought the only thing missing is the calipers!!

Reaction score
Why not do it? They look way better red than standard imo and it's a real easy diy job.

Reaction score
allsmiles said:
leave it to the corsa boys please

Whats your reason for not doing it??

Most 'decent' cars have them painted as standard don't they...even a fabia vrs has them done as standard!!!

Reaction score
They wont look unmodified: they'll look like they are painted with black hammerite! Same job different colour ;-)

Reaction score
When folk say leave standard, do they mean rusty & covered in baked on hard brake dust because all ORM cast iron calipers do this?

Mine are silver so they look clean & fresh and as I used a proper brake caliper paint resists brake dust and inhibits corrosion so look better for much longer.

I have seen a few brakes done with Hammerite & look ok for a short period of tome but do some spirited driving where there is a high heat build up on the brakes & they go dull if in bright colours like red or peal off. Spend the extra by a proprity paint & you get a much better finish.

As said many cars have it from new, Fiat Grande Punto (ok it ha brembos at front) & 500 Abarths have red, Skoda used to be green don't know if still are, VXR blue?

Reaction score
j333evo said:
When folk say leave standard, do they mean rusty & covered in baked on hard brake dust because all ORM cast iron calipers do this?

Convinced me that!!! Thanks. I just think it will complete an already awesome car!!!

Thanks for everyones view the extra money will be spent too, i can assure you!!

Elliott.

Reaction score
son of solo said:
"If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny."

lol :lol:

I was thinking of doing mine like oxygen's with the trophy logo on but in an anthracite colour to match the wheels, just to be a bit more subtle

Reaction score
Trophy No.
...I was thinking of painting my calipers, too. Probably pink to colour coordinate with the door handles. :( :lol:

Reaction score
son of solo said:

"Don't try to frighten us with your sorcerous ways, SoS. Your sad devotion to standard brakes has not helped you conjure up nice looking stoppers, or given you clairvoyance enough to prevent rusty old calipers..."

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Jonc said:
son of solo said:

"Don't try to frighten us with your sorcerous ways, SoS. Your sad devotion to standard brakes has not helped you conjure up nice looking stoppers, or given you clairvoyance enough to prevent rusty old calipers..."

Brakes? Doesn't Andy just use the force or something :?

Anthracite or graphite grey definately the way to go in my book.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I think calipers should only be red if they are big brembos. The standard calipers look crap.
Mine are painted red fromt eh previous owner but i think il try painting them anthracite or maybe silver when i get round to it =]

Reaction score
Im quite happy with it tbh, red looks daft imo if its not on brembo's, id normally paint them silver but they stand out too much behind darker wheels. This colour looks pretty good - it's hard to show in the pics but the metallic looks mint in the sun but not too showy 'look at me' type thing

f8b0dd0d.jpg

f4ec72b1.jpg

9173a5e6.jpg

The paint i used was Peugeot Graphite Grey (MOTW), if you're wondering why that particular one this pic below is my other car -

17920294.jpg

so ive always got a can of MOTW in stock! haha