The rattles!!! Bass related

Reaction score
Trophy No.
So, I've gone from a 1 series coupe to a 182 trophy and can't have the volume over 20-22 as the rattles from the bass just boil my piss!

I'm not one of these guys who has the bass turned up to ten, but in the 1er I never got any rattle or vibrations from having music loud.

I've just discovered the car has some Fli door speakers front and rear. I'd of assumed better quality..... But I can't work out if the speakers are pure pants or it's the plastic trims vibrating massively. Or both!

Any advice on how to irradicate these annoying rattles from plastics/speakers and actually enjoy music loud again would be awesome. Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Reaction score
Have you checked the screws holding the speakers in to make sure they're holding them tightly? My pioneers used to rattle like mad as the screws would eventually work themselves loose, winding them in a couple of turns fixed the issue for me. It could just be that the Fli speakers are shot and need replacing!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
had a good poke about yesterday. its the trim/speaker covers. someone on cliosport advised that blutack can usually solve it.