Reaction score
Number does reflect order of build but not registration and this really isn't important, you can get an 06 registered car if you want but it's probably not worth more than a few quid more than an 05.

Bonnet catch problem does affect all MK II's I believe but (in the words of Supremo) it serves you right for not maintaining your car properly. I'm inclined to agree with him, country's overpopulated anyway, but then I haven't knocked a couple of sprogs out of the missus yet either.

Reaction score
Thanks for the referal wrighty, I have a superb car available that's only done 12500m. 55 Plate and 2 owners. Really nice example and I'm in the SE so not so far from you I imagine.

BTW Renault advise lubricating the catch on the service, which is what I thought was done anyway at most 'old school' independent service centres!

http://www.allvehicles.co.uk/usedcar.htm

PM me if of interest. Cheers.

G

EDIT: THIS POST SHOULD BE AT THE TOP BUT IT HAS A TIME-STAMP ERROR.

Have sold my Audi, so I'm now in a position to start looking for a Trophy. I'm going to see if I can have a look at a couple at the weekend, but is there anything important I should know beforehand?

I'm most concerned about getting my teeth knocked out by a wayward bonnet - I'm assuming the much-publicised Clio bonnet issue is applicable to the Trophies too? Is so, what do I look for, if not, good.
Also, do the cars' numbers actually reflect the order in which they were built, or are they a bit random?

P.S. Anyone know of any nice ones for sale? (Preferably in the South East.)

Thanks. :)

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
the only thing to look out for with the bonnet catch is if it's not greased - all the reports are from cars with 'stuck' safety catches - only happens when they're dry. Any decent mechanic should grease up parts like this as a matter of course but Reno don't employ many decent mechanics so you'll have to take this 2 minute job on yourself.

Reaction score
I think all Trophy's were built between June and September from what i remember because as far as i'm aware production of the 182 officially ceased in September. As Cue says some cars were not registered till 2006 though - apparently there are six cars on an 06 plate including 500/500.