Recaro Seat Runner Memory Thing Broken

Reaction score
Sorry I'm not able to be more specific in the title. Its the thing that remembers where the seat was set when you tilt the seat forwards. It has snapped and come loose. Its a piece of metal so there doesn't seem to be anything that I can do about this.

Has anyone had a similar thing happen and what did you do? I'm tempted just to forget about it as I don't really have passengers, but it is annoying if someone does get into the back, as the passenger seat won't lock until it has slid all the way to the back, crushing the persons legs of whoever is sat in the back seat.

Reaction score
IMAG0153.jpg

Sorry that the tops of the photos are messed up. Not sure what happened there.

Reaction score
its not specific to the recaro's so a seat runner from any clio with this function will fit new or s/h

but they are handed.

Reaction score
I too broke the little metal bit you have taken photos of.
I was able to place the broken piece of metal further forward and the seat would lock further forward.
Not sure the seat locked properly and safely so eventually I replaced the runners. Stupid expensive and Renault gave me the wrong one.
Amazing attitude from Renault, showed them the old runner and the new runner and they still blankly told me that the part number was correct must be the right part. So now my drivers seat doesn't move buy at least it is a safer drive.

Reaction score
Cheers for that info Carbon Chaos. I'll have to keep it in mind and find a Renault scrapyard or something.

gungo I know what you mean. What pisses me off massively about them as well is that you can't seem to order a specific part, you have to get the whole fucking thing. This has happened to me twice now. The first time was with the rubber grommet that covers the alarm switch on the bonnet. I had to buy the whole thing at a cost of £15. And the second was my seat handle (documented in this forum) whereby I had to buy the handle that reclines the seat as well.