Photo Location

Reaction score
I'm picking up my girlfriend from Gatwick tomorrow and am most likely to arrive there a little ahead of her arrival time so I'm thinking I may take the opportunity to get the DSLR out and take some snaps... What I would like to know is, is there a location within a sensible distance of Gatwick that is slightly picturesque?! (I would ideally like to be as close as possible.. say 15 mins drive away perhaps..)

Any suggestions?

Reaction score
None that I can think of, as the area surround gatwick is pretty flat. Unless you venture to Reigate Hill or something. There are some good industrial areas. That i persoanlly think suit the trophy better.

Reaction score
well i'm open to any suggestions... I went to the roof of a carpark at the weekend as the sun was setting.. Results were ok but the view was not as good as I had expected it to be from past memory. I think that industrial shots can look great, I especially like the idea of an abandoned warehouse or factory..

Reaction score
Sorry mate, didn't get back on here last night. I've you've not left yet, I'd say from Gatwick head towards Crawley. Then for Crawley Industrial estate. Though it'll be busy around there today, you'll spot various locations where you can snap the trophy against a nice industrial background or a modern building. I've got a few photos of mine from around the area. I only have two on my FlickR though and i'm not really happy with them either. I must revisit the area to improve them.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jezlloyd/s ... 563461699/

Reaction score
Try and get some ground shots with a Jumbo in the background (in flight). You might get a real corker.

Reaction score
Jezza, I quite like your industrial shots, the contrast of the car against the ridged background is really nice.

I'll see how the weather's looking when I get there, if it's ok I'll take the plunge and find somewhere to shoot but I'm expecting the worst right now, weather is really not looking especially camera friendly!!

Reaction score
Thanks mate :) Couple of things tick me off about them. One is the windows are dirty!!! second is the shot is slightly at an angle. Not really visible unless you look at the top of the photography and follow it across to the right :(
I will head back there soon to take similar but hopefully better shots.

That is a pain about the weather today, I'm currently about 20 miles away from Gatwick and it's thick/low clouds and light rain!! Not what you want to hear. Best of luck though.