PFC 182 Trophy "Buyers Guide" - CAN YOU HELP

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Performance French Cars Magazine will be posting a Clio 182 Trophy buyers guide in the upcoming issue of the magazine, and as the leading and sole site directly for this car I've came on board to ask for your help in putting together an in-depth guide for why you should be looking to buy one of these iconic cars.

The members on here live with them day in, day out... and that's something I want to utilise in the buyers guide, taking YOUR experiences and knowledge of the car and put this to good use on paper.

If you can help - can you please list the following with what you've found with the cars. I'm looking for known differences from the other 182's, and also known problems and things to watch out for.

Engine

Gearbox

Interior

Exterior

Brakes

Suspension

If anyone can help, please feel free to reply on here, or for any other questions with regards to this to Clubs@performancefrenchcars.co.uk.

We aim to make the guide an in depth no bull**** view as to why this car is worth owning.

Kind regards,

Neil Haddow

Performance French Cars Magazine

Reaction score
I think all the engine and gearbox problems (if any) are the same as all 1*2's. Obvious things to look out for are suspension issues and making sure they have been refurbed as its quite costly. I think wear on the drivers side recaro will be an issue with a few now. Steering wheel melting is another issue which again applies to the full mk2 rs Clio range along with the cambelt, aux belt change. Faded door handles are very common too.

Last edited: