Reaction score
I've just booked the Trophy in for it's annual Permagard treatment at Canary Wharf (0207 473 0099) for the Saturday after next, I was told to bring it up any time in the morning and it will be 50% of the original price, which was £130, so £65 for another year's protection.

I'm then booked in at RenTech the following Saturday, exactly a year after the registration date, for it's annual service minus the oil and oil Filter change (which I've done myself at 7000 miles and will do again at 14,000 miles) and was quoted £65! I understand now why everyone rates them so highly, as he responded to my PM with a booking time in about three minutes.

So the Trophy is Permagard protected and fully serviced for another year for £130. The oil change cost me £40 for the Silkolene Pro S, OE filter and sump plug washer and took an hour of my time, so with a bit of graft and some research I've effectively got my Permagard treatment for free and have still saved on what a stealer would charge for a probably botched service and I won't have petrol or sandwiches all over my seats.

I'm a happy Trophy owner today!

Reaction score
Good man... I have been to both places and can vouch for them both 100%... Mike at Permagard is a very interesting guy to chat to also... Big history in motorsport and worked for Lambo etc. I think my Trophy was the last one he did so he will remember it! Say hi from me.

If you didn't get the engine bay treatment, glass or interior originally, I recommend you get them this time. Astounding how the car came up - engine bay was cleaner than a brand new car. Amazing. The interior is wipe clean and impenetrable and water runs off the glass in a bizarre way leaving no trails or evidence of ever having been there.

Permagard is something else. (I don't work for them btw!).

Tom.

Reaction score
i have mixed reviews over mine at the moment. it's still holding up well as highlighted by the excellent water beading. however, i have spoken with Mike and he's advised me on what to do so once i get a chance i'll give the car a good clean and see if that helps.

basically i have small swirls that i tihnk were there from after the treatment, can't get the final remains of the summers dead flies off the car and the wheels are a right git to clean.

with a good soak and use of the third bottle of intense cleaning solution, we'll see whether the car comes up good

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
mines having its annual treatment 6 months early thanks to the fecker that's cost me a new bonnet.

Gaz, u washed it as per instructions? or with normal shampoo or shock horror fairy liquid like my dad does :shock:

Water beading only stops on mine when it aint washed, quick rinse and its back to new. Was in 2 minds about having the windows dressed - apparently only lasts a cople of 1000 miles, the engine bay and interior maybe a good option though as i've still got a bit a residue from my incident with white gloss!!! feckin women :evil:

Reaction score
Cue said:
mines having its annual treatment 6 months early thanks to the fecker that's cost me a new bonnet.

Gaz, u washed it as per instructions? or with normal shampoo or shock horror fairy liquid like my dad does :shock:

Water beading only stops on mine when it aint washed, quick rinse and its back to new. Was in 2 minds about having the windows dressed - apparently only lasts a cople of 1000 miles, the engine bay and interior maybe a good option though as i've still got a bit a residue from my incident with white gloss!!! feckin women :evil:

White gloss all over the upholstery after your 'incident'. Yeh, we believe you. I fell in love with the car after the first drive but didn't go that far you freaking prevert!

Reaction score
whats all this about the clios Annual service??

if you changed the oil and filter yourself, why did you get it serviced after only a year??

Reaction score
Cue said:

yup washed as per instructions, no dodgy turks been near the car and no-one else but me has cleaned it

Reaction score
Gareth - I'm in the same boat. I think I'll need to have my annual top up a bit earlier (to be fair I have done 22,000 miles since I had it applied...)

O.

Reaction score
oliie said:
Gareth - I'm in the same boat. I think I'll need to have my annual top up a bit earlier (to be fair I have done 22,000 miles since I had it applied...)

O.

Mike's final comment to me was to have the annual top-up done early if what he suggested doesn't work. We havent really discussed the costings but i was of the impression it'd be me paying. But 6 summer months and about 8000 miles after treatment i wouldn't be happy paying out so soon for the top-up. Looking at the roof over the last week or so the treatment appears patchy as well, almost like a section was missed.

Trouble is at the moment i just havent had the time to a) wash the car thoroughly and b) then find some time to trek down to London and hang around for a day

Reaction score
chunktrophy said:
whats all this about the clios Annual service??

if you changed the oil and filter yourself, why did you get it serviced after only a year??

Don't panic, I'm changing the oil myself because I like to look after my cars and I enjoy doing it, the serice interval is only every 12K miles or two years, but I wouldn't be happy buying a car that had not been touched in 2 years, so I'm getting it done on it's birthday for my peace of mind and a good looking service book.

On the Permagard, mine is still holding up well after a year, although I know the water isn't beading on the glass like it was in April, I'm getting it serviced to keep the warranty. If I decide to get it done again later, it will cost twice as much and the paintwork will have gone unprotected for a while.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Steve Gunnis said:
Cue said:

White gloss all over the upholstery after your 'incident'. Yeh, we believe you. I fell in love with the car after the first drive but didn't go that far you freaking prevert!

lol, class.