Pay less and got less

photo_ed

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Lovely car the 911 Club Sport.

I also have a bit of a thing for the 968 CS too, tempted by them many times but never bought one..

Big Dave

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Ed.
I've been lucky to own a number of the 968 variants,

Sport, CS, and Cabrio.
all great cars.
And very "driveable", a bit like the Trophy, in its chuck ability.

I dont think I could choose between a Trophy or 968CS, as the one to keep. Both as good as each other in different aspects.

Although I do believe the 968 is now prone to corrosion in certain areas. as the cars are getting older. AND there is a lot around that have been driven VERY VERY hard....

Stick with the Clio....

photo_ed

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Ed.
I've been lucky to own a number of the 968 variants,

Sport, CS, and Cabrio.
all great cars.
And very "driveable", a bit like the Trophy, in its chuck ability.

I dont think I could choose between a Trophy or 968CS, as the one to keep. Both as good as each other in different aspects.

Although I do believe the 968 is now prone to corrosion in certain areas. as the cars are getting older. AND there is a lot around that have been driven VERY VERY hard....

Stick with the Clio....
Thanks for your insights and experiences with the 968's Dave.

I've never had the pleasure to try one even, but had a couple of examples of the earlier version of that platform (924, 944) and always found them to be a really nicely balanced car even despite a little lacking in the straight line department in the case of the 924, until I tinkered with the old van engine and liberated an extra few horses, after which it went a fair bit better, those were the days.. :D ;)

I'll say you are right about the CS examples being driven very hard, as that's what they were for and I'd say most owners enjoyed them to the full, makes it a bit of a minefield now though finding a great example. I'll certainly be sticking with the Clio.. but you never know, there's always the thoughts of some more, especially now I can 'hide' them at the storage facility... :ROFLMAO: