Reaction score
My car seems to have broken its passenger seat slide. Fortunately it's fully forward so my son can get in the back seat. It won't move back.

I hoped the cable had popped off but it's in place. However on the left hand slide the belo piece looks to be floating around in the track

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21374145097.187453.jpg

The seat removal doesn't look super simple and I hate paying a dealer for something simple I might be able to fix myself.

Does anyone know if that part is replaceable or which part I might need to order?

Reaction score
Mine did exactly the same recently :mad: the piece you pictured is for the seat position memory when you tilt the seat forward to let someone in the back,as you can see in your picture it has snapped at the front leaving the other piece 'jammed' in the runner.

Removal of the seat is easy just 4 bolts under the car,i managed to get both pieces out but now it wont lock in after tilting.ok if you dont want to get in the back ?

The only way forward is a new set of runners and renault want over £100 +vat.

Reaction score
This has done this on the drivers seat in my trophy.

if you tilt the seat forward or try to adjust the seat forward or back it wont lock into place unless you put your hand under the seat and manually lock it in.

annoying but ive never got anyone in the back of mine and the seats at the right driving position for me so have just left it just now.

Reaction score
There seem to be quite a Clio Mk2 runners on ebay that are not expensive. The only problem is I don't know if they are the same for the recaro seats in the Trophy. Does anyone know if they are the same as 182s ?

haz

Reaction score
Hi all do we have anymore info on this? As I have the exact same issue on my drivers seat.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure the trophy rails are more low profile than the standard 182's ?

Reaction score
I have managed to source the part for about £30 . However it got lost in the mail. I ordered from Adam at Renault Wolverhampton. He is on holiday this week though but they might be able to help.

Reaction score
I had to replace mine. Renault garage screwed me.
Gave me standard runners with no memory. (they were cheap though). Still claim that they are the only runners they do.
I would guess that they gave me 5 door runners.
These standard runners fitted no problem, and I have stuck with the seat not sliding when I tilt forward.
Anyway I pretty sure standard Renault runners are fine, just get one for a 3 door.

Reaction score
Same has just happened on my Trophy... did the above part work for you Rawhide?

Was it just a case of slotting into the seat rail/runner with it all in situ or did you still have to unbolt the thing?

Reaction score
Same thing has just happened to my passenger seat so it flys round loose now. Before this broke completely I couldn't lock the seat unless I put it all the way back first. Can I just order the part above do we know or does the seat need to come out?

Many thanks

Reaction score
Hi - I could confirm the kit was the broken part on my seat. I went to refit it and found it really tricky. There are instructions but it was not clear to me. When I had the seat rail out the car I got the broken part out and the seat functioned again without the 'memory'. When I put my daughter in the back I would slide the drivers seat so kind of lost motivation to do a complete repair as it was good enough.

I left the set in the boot for the new owner.

So I think it is the right kit. Just confusing how to fit it.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Perhaps a replacement runner is the way forward rather than the small piece. You would need to remove the bolt to fit the memory piece but they appear to be sealed / welded in.