nby

Reaction score
Hi,

Just got my sachs back from being refurbished and I would like to repaint them as they have a couple spots of surface rust (unsuprising really). Anybody done this themselves? if so what did you use and and how did you do it?

Cheers

Reaction score
Best thing to do , would be to wire brush the rust off , then sand them , primer , paint and lacquer a few coats ,

I will have an update from Omp today regarding this hub , want to get my new wheel on :(.

how much did the dampers cost to get done. ?

nby

Reaction score
just grabbed a large can of hammerite smooth silver, small can of smooth red and brake cleaner to paint the calipers while i'm waiting ;)

lucky I found 2 wire brushes, 6 packs of sandpaper and 3 tins of grey primer in the shed now thats a bonus ;), as for the damper cost see the rebuild thread mate.. £196 all in :mrgreen: .

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I give mine a good rub down with a wire brush and some sand paper first and used hammerite rust remover to remove all the rust. Then I give them several layers of 'Renault Silver' spray paint which turned out to be almost exactly the same colour as the original paint, then I give them a few layers of hammerite clear lacquer. Good as new ! :D

Reaction score
I've just done my second set of trophy dampers, first set went on my car, now done a set for the missus' 182 cup.

I stripped the dampers right down, cleaned them up, wire brushed the rust and used hammerite kurust, scotched the other areas, masked up the damper piston rod and the adonised parts, then used upol acid etch primer, followed by upol wheel silver and some pro xl 1k lacquer.

Conveniently my dad managed to make the stickers disappear! Knowing full well what they were and how rare they are! :oops:

Anyone know where I could get some replacements or replicas made up?