Are you willing to help?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Yes but in a different way, please post.

• Total voters

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
If any of you have been following the crazy and embarrassing (for Renault) saga that Trophychick is going through with her car you'll be aware of the dead end that they now seem to have reached. For it to have taken a couple of weeks to fix a car is too long, their story has now reached 5 months or there abouts.

this is the thread: http://cliotrophy.co.uk/forum/viewtopic ... c&start=15

I'm acutely aware that if this happened to me I'd nearing insanity and probably contemplating murder of the Service Manager/s involved.

I feel as a collective voice we may be able to help reach a solution.

What do you all think? Please vote and post you opinions as the intention (depending on the vote) is to use this as a sort of petition, in conjunction with a letter, which would be distributed to the Renault and Renaultsport hierarchy.

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I'd be happy to forward something on under the club header as a collective voice of concern if something can be generated here.

Although the mass bombardment of letters from a load of members would raise attention, maybe a single one from the club as a whole would be a good first approach.

Reaction score
Yeah I'll help out where possible, I know if it was my car I'd be in a straight jacket surrounded by padded walls by now.

It seems the only way to get anything done with Renault is to go right to the very top :evil: No wonder theyve got the worst customer service record in the history of motoring.

If trained Renault tech's (use that term loosely) can't find a fault in 5 months then something like this needs to be done.

Must admit I've never done anything like this before, whats the plan then, do we all write letters or what?

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
g40steve said:
Nik , remember the little french man at RWS, get him on the job :D

Yeah Bernard Olivier, CEO of Renaultsport. He has a stack of ClioTrophy business cards somewhere too :p

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i'd say we need to ping letters off the Bernard Olivier, Roland Bouchara and Harry Metcalf - Evo editor for the threat of adverse media attention.

Reaction score
Yeah, the threat of bad publicity would be a step in the right direction, maybe arses will come off seats and something may start to get done about the situation.

Reaction score
Lets get it done about time they got a kick up the derriere .

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Im more than happy to write a poorly spelt FU letter to anyone you want. :lol:

Reaction score
When my old man had problems with his Rover, (apart from there being no dealers to take the car too) he wrote to auto express. Didn't get his letter published, but the chap you write to, used his clout to write to rover, and the end result was him getting a new engine.
Has she (i'm assuming Tropychick is a she), written to Renault UK HQ. Keep writing letters/emails every day. They will soon get fed up and look into the issue.

Reaction score
Are there still other trophy's with starting problems ie not first time . if so maybe this could also be put in the letter .

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
from what i understand yes, they've fallen on deaf ears though. shout loud enough and they can't ignore you though.

Reaction score
"Yes but in a different way, please post."

A nude protest outside the dealership, give it a few days where there trade has all gone, they will soon sort the car out.

Reaction score
Mine started again two days ago but having gone down the same route as trophychick and having the dealers say take us to court because we cant fix it and wont refund my money . I gave up because of the stress it causes .

Reaction score
On one of my many visits last time i blocked the dealers entrance with my car so no one came in or out that's when he said take us to court . Renault UK did not give a s#it .

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
You are all amazing, so touched by your concern.
However, i am about to go and pick up my car FINALLY!!
We found out last minute that it would be ready today (we shouldn't be surprised at the poor flow of information but I hoped they would keep us on top of the situation better at this stage) so I rushed away from work and am waiting while they valet it.
I will let you know how it is when I finally see her with my own eyes and drive her.
Once again, thanks so much, I will keep you posted and I hope none of you ever require a wiring loom because I think I have the only spare!!!

By the way if anyone else ever has a similar problem ( I really hope they don't) I have many angry letter templates and contact details of watchdog, evo, CAB, Renault UK heads, autocar, Sunday post raw deal, etc etc etc.

xxx